• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Action Center reports NIS2012 turned off.

Any luck on resolving this issue?  I do not have this issue with 19.1.028 but after I liveupdate to 19.2.10 the issue shows its ugly head.  

For the record, I have uninstalled, rebooted, used norton removal tool, rebooted, reinstalled.  It loads 19.1.028 after that and all is well.  I wait an entire day - open up Action Center a dozen times and everything reports well.  Then after a day or so I liveupdate to 19.2.10 and after a reboot Action Center shows NIS2012 turned off (it isn't but Action Center is showing that).

Yes, I've unregistered and reregistered WMI - ensured security services are running, etc.

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Action Center reports NIS2012 turned off.

Hi,

sometimes Windows Security Center stops recognizing the antivirus products however they are turned on. This is what you should try:

1. Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type the following text: regsvr32 /u WMIUTILS.DLL
3. Click OK.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
6. In the Run dialog box, type the following text: regsvr32 WMIUTILS.DLL
7. Click OK.
8. Restart the computer.

If the method above can not solve the issue, please try this as well:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools
2. Open Services
3. Find Windows Managament Instrumentation on the list, ans stop this service (right click on it)
4. Find the Security Center service, and stop is as well.
5. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository ans delete this subdirectory ONLY
6. Close everything and reboot your PC (maybe you need to boot twice).

This will rebuild the deleted folder and the database. Once restarted, Windows Security Center should show the correct info and the security product should now be recoginized.

Let us know the results.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

Completed both.  Neither worked.

Action center is throwing all red flags and NIS2012 is green.  I would insert an image but it's too large and downloading a program to edit the image and resize it is is a pain.

Kudos0

Unfortunaltey this issue comes up all the time, and there's no good fixing for it yet. There's only two way to fix it:

1. You can turn off Windows' reporting ballons, and let the Norton gadget to inform you about the status of the Norton product.

2. Or you can remove the Norton product with the Norton Removal Tool and reinstall it.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.