This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

added a microsoft app windows 11 for norton security Do i delete my original app from norton 360 platinum? will it transfer my info? confused

Replies

Kudos0

Re: added a microsoft app windows 11 for norton security Do i delete my original app from norton 360 platinum? will it transfer my info? confused

Did you have 360 Platinum app installed already? If so, why would you try to install another 360 from the Microsoft Store? 

If the new 360 version did install, it should have maintained any settings from the previous installation. It would also have taken care of any uninstallation that might have been necessary.

Does Norton 360 open correctly after your new installation?

Kudos0

Re: added a microsoft app windows 11 for norton security Do i delete my original app from norton 360 platinum? will it transfer my info? confused

Actually everything seems fine at this point. the reason that caught me kind of off guard was that when i was in my Norton account a pop -up appeared saying to add a secure microsoft approved app of Norton . wasn't sure what to do thank you for your reply 

Kudos0

What app did you install from the Microsoft Store?

Was it a suggestion to add 2 factor authentication to your Norton Account sign in?

Kudos0

Peterweb this is a screenshot of the app and how it looked on my screen . it appeared after i had a link to check for a newer version upgrade of my Norton I hope i attached the file correctly

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Your image. Many users here will not open .pdf files due to possible malware that can be included.

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

I checked the MS Store and did not find that offering for my Win 10 system. This may be a Win 11 offering. Others here may be able to check this.

Were you able to install Norton 360 Platinum on your system? If so, I would suggest you uninstall the new product and just install the 360 from your Norton Account. Then run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available? Then restart again. Restarting, not shutdown and startup again if you have Windows Fast Startup feature enabled.   If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10 or 11, there can be an issue with the Windows Fast Startup feature.. See more information here.