• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

And yet another runtime error 6025 version in NIS 2013

Hi,

Just updated to the latest version and found an annoying bug (present in earlier versions of NIS too).

Runtime error 6025 popup appears after opening outlook express (pure virtual function call) and NIS icon disappears from systray.

This happens everytime I open OE. I followed the instructions and rebooted several times. This problem never occurred with NIS 2012.

The problem is caused by the antispam plugin when outlook express contains multiple accounts. I have my regular account and a gmail account set up in OE. After disabling the plugin OE and NIS2013 function normally.

Akhenaten

Replies

Kudos0

Re: And yet another runtime error 6025 version in NIS 2013

Hi,

Just updated to the latest version and found an annoying bug (present in earlier versions of NIS too).

Runtime error 6025 popup appears after opening outlook express (pure virtual function call) and NIS icon disappears from systray.

This happens everytime I open OE. I followed the instructions and rebooted several times. This problem never occurred with NIS 2012.

The problem is caused by the antispam plugin when outlook express contains multiple accounts. I have my regular account and a gmail account set up in OE. After disabling the plugin OE and NIS2013 function normally.

Akhenaten

Kudos0

NIS2013 now also crashes with the plugin disabled when I leave OE open. Sigh. No viruses, no malware, just a buggy program.

Kudos0

I just tried Norton Autofix, it failed and it told me to use the Norton Removal Tool which I did. Removed NIS 2013 and reinstalled and I am back to the original problem...

Akhenaten

Kudos0

This morning autofix popped up to give me a 3048 error. I used NPE as instructed (the link  Norton sent me to, contained an outdated version...), but it didn't find any rootkit. I removed NIS 2013 and reinstalled the 2012 version and everything is back to normal.

Kudos0

What operating system and service pack are you using?

Did you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi,

I am running an up to date XP SP3 version, Athlon 2800+, Gforce7900GS. I downloaded the new version, installed, rebooted, ran live update, rebooted, ran live update until no more updates were available. All according to Norton's instructions as already explained in my first post. Errors appeared in Outlook Express immediately. Removing the entire product and doing a clean install makes no difference.

Kudos0

Akhenaten wrote:

Hi,

I am running an up to date XP SP3 version, Athlon 2800+, Gforce7900GS. I downloaded the new version, installed, rebooted, ran live update, rebooted, ran live update until no more updates were available. All according to Norton's instructions as already explained in my first post. Errors appeared in Outlook Express immediately. Removing the entire product and doing a clean install makes no difference.

Not sure if this is relevant, but check this post by Pieter

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Will-NIS-2013-work-on-WinXP-SP3-computers-or-what-Is-someone-at/m-p/811794/highlight/true#M218104

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi Akhenaten,

I have sent you a Private Message (  ). Please take a look at it when time permits.

Thanks!

Gayathri Rajendiran
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I have read your private message, thanks for that. But will it help to determine the problem, since I have already returned to my trusty NIS2012 after using Norton's removal tool and NPE?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.