• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Android 4.2.2 Cannot Retrieve Data

My son just got a new tablet with Android 4.2.2.

I downloaded the Norton Family App version 3.1.0.15 from Google Play.  It will not allow me to retrieve the list of family members to select who the tablet belongs to.

However, if I try to add him as a new child, it will tell me that a child with that name already exists in our account.

I tried installing, uninstalling, stopping, and clearing the cache many times.

Is there something wrong with the server that prevents me from downloading the list of children to assign the primary user of the tablet to?  If so, when will this be addressed?

Thanks!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Android 4.2.2 Cannot Retrieve Data

Hi IcePirate,

1. Can you please let me know what kind of Android device it is?

2. Can you please send your Norton Family account email address to me by private message via the forum by clicking Inbox located at upper right hand corner?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

I will send you the Email address as you requested.

As for the device, it is an ASUS Memo 7 running Android 4.2.2.  

I tried it again last night and it is still saying that the family data is not available.  Just checking to make sure it wasn't a server problem.

Kudos0

I just tried uninstalling and installing the app from Google Play.  It still will not retrieve the list of family members.  However, if I try to add an already existing child, it will tell me that the child already exists.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update.  We are checking into the issue.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi IcePirate,

One of the duplicated child profiles which is not associated with any device has been removed.  Please check and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Thank you again.  This looks to have taken care of the problem on my son's tablet too.  The two problems must have been related.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.