• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Antispam wasn't integrated into Outlook 2007

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Norton Security with Backup from NIS and have noticed that Antispam toolbar wasn't integrated into Outlook 2007. I have checked the settings and Antispam for Outlook is checked. Strange thing is that I have received a message which was tagged Norton Antispam, btw it was correct, but the message was received in received mails folder instead of Norton Antispam. So it looks that Antispam module somehow works under the hood but because tootlbar with all its options isn't available I can't work with emails, i.e. mark as spam, unmark as spam etc.

I tried to reinstall NS but to no avail. Help is urgently needed.

Thanks & regards!

Having Vista Business SP2 32-bit, Outlook 2007

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Antispam wasn't integrated into Outlook 2007

Please see if what suggested in this thread is of any help?

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Thanks Rainbow_2 for the input.

While Norton AntiSpam Outlook Plugin is listed among active/enabled plugins, there isn't its toolbar in the list of toolbars.

Any other hint? I'm lost. It worked in NIS flawlessly ...

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1
Kudos0

There have been numerous previous similar issues with Outlook 2007, particularly when upgrading to newer Norton products and/or product core versions (i.e., going from NIS 2009 to NIS2010, etc.)...

Try using the Search box at the top of any Norton Community Forum display; Enter "Outlook 2007" as the search criteria; Select "Forums" as the search locus, then click the magnifying glass icon to start the search... You should get a plethora-like listing of possible causes and possible fixes.

One old thread located in the "Norton Internet Security | Norton 360 | Norton AntiVirus" Forum caught my eye right away:

https://community.norton.com/forums/still-no-toolbar-outlook-2007-after-...

...and of particular interest was last post in it by Norton Employee "victor_k".

https://community.norton.com/comment/1496853#comment-1496853

Kind regards,

John

Kudos0

Thanks John for the post.

You should know that I searched the Community before I posted this thread. Unfortunately majority of issues, being later resolved, have the source of the problem in Outlook add-on not being active/disabled. However if you mind to re-read my 2nd post in this thread, you will see that in my case the plugin is among active/enabled! It's worth noting that many threads complaining on the same trouble remain without solution!

I tried everything, disable and re-enable the plugin, clean uninstall using NRT but nothing helped. I'm very disappointed because I bought 10 pcs pack license and one fundamental module of NS, i.e. Antispam, doesn't work.

I urge Symantec responsible persons to come up with a solution otherwise I will require refund.

Kudos0

Have you tried using Windows File Manger to verify that the Norton Outlook Add-in (.dll) module does actually exist at the Outlook specified path designation?  For example, for the current v21.6 NIS2014 (on an x64 system) the default path for the module is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\21.6.0.32" and the module name is "MsouPlug.dll".

If you find it's there (where it should be) you might also try using File Manager to do a file search for any possible additional "copies" (possibly outdated) of the module that may have been inadvertently "orphaned" during the upgrade process - however still residing somewhere along one of Windows default file search paths.

I'm sorry, but beyond that, I'm out of suggestions to try, other than contacting Norton Tech Support chat for additional remote assistance...

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/contact

Kind regards,

John

Kudos0

Thanks John for the suggestion.

The path to the file is correct and there aren't any orphaned Plugin files. In short, everything is enabled, the file does exist, the path is correct, settings in NS enabled but simply it doesn't work. Shame.

Kudos0

Antispam & Outlook always had and will have "partnership" issues.

I suggest you disable Antispam in Norton and continue to be happy with your pc...

I always had this "feature" disabled, since then peace of mind...

Best regards,

Kudos0

Yes, that's option but I paid not so cheap price and I'm not willing to accept that the application doesn't work in its full potential. Sorry for different view.

Kudos0

Hi,

You should contact Norton Support and explain your issue, they might ask to remotely access your pc and take a look...

Good luck.

Regards,

Kudos0

Yeah, perhaps will do next week.

Kudos1 Stats

Just an update for you ... I have had already two remote sessions which unfortunately  didn't solve the issue yet. During the second session a Symantec escalation engineer debugged my system to obtain logs etc. for the product development department. They should revert with information within a week or so.

I will keep you informed.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.