• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

antivirus 2010 LiveUpdate not working at school

today i went to the IT department at school and they told me i need to know the server address and the port which the LiveUpdate is connected to, so they could put the info on the allow list.

to summarise, please can someone tell me what the server and the port is?

Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos0

Re: antivirus 2010 LiveUpdate not working at school

today i went to the IT department at school and they told me i need to know the server address and the port which the LiveUpdate is connected to, so they could put the info on the allow list.

to summarise, please can someone tell me what the server and the port is?

Kudos0

It may depend on what part of the world you are in, as to which server you will access.  I think there are several.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos2 Stats

* LiveUpdate requires access to ports 80 (HTTP), 21 (FTP) and 443 (HTTPS).
* The protocol used is TCP.
* The domains that LiveUpdate accesses are symantec.com, symantecliveupdate.com, and akamai.net. When access to one domain is blocked or otherwise fails, LiveUpdate attempts to access one of the other listed domains. If LiveUpdate fails to access any of these HTTP connections, it will fall back to update.symantec.com/opt/content/onramp, which is an FTP connection to Speedera.

Yogesh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.