• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Any update on the patch for the Norton Tool Bar w/Firefox 16.0.1

Checking on the status of the patch for the Norton Tool Bar to work with Firefox 16.0.1?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Any update on the patch for the Norton Tool Bar w/Firefox 16.0.1

Checking on the status of the patch for the Norton Tool Bar to work with Firefox 16.0.1?

Thanks

Kudos0

JeromeWilen wrote:

Thanks

Hi JeromeWilen,

Please tell us which Norton Product you are using. ( Support > About) since the NTB has been compatible with Norton products since Oct 8th.  See the announcement:  http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-16-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/m-p/821572

Kudos0

Just a update for firefox has been updated to #16.0.2 for a security update for the changelog and more info go tohttps://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html

Kudos0

Kudos0

Hi ALF60,

Which one of us are confused? 

I thought the OP was checking on the patch to update the Norton Toolbar to compatibility for FF 16.0.1, not on the patch to FF????

Actually the patch for the Norton Toolbar comptibility to FF 16 is all that is required to provide compatbility with 16.0, 16.0.1 and 16.0.2.

Kudos0

I am now using FireFox 16.0.2 - still no Norton Tool Bar.  I have Comcast NSS Version 20.1.0.24  Any update on a patch that will make the tool bar work in the said version of Norton SS (Comcast version 20.1.0.24)

Kudos0

JeromeWilen wrote:

I am now using FireFox 16.0.2 - still no Norton Tool Bar.  I have Comcast NSS Version 20.1.0.24  Any update on a patch that will make the tool bar work in the said version of Norton SS (Comcast version 20.1.0.24)

NSS users on are waiting for a fix for FF 16.0.  Once we receive that it will change the NTB version to the correct version number and then enable it.

From past experience with the FF updates - the minor ones 16.0 to 16.0.1 to 16.0.2, normally do not require an update for Norton Toolbar compatabiiity. As I said, we are still waiting on the FF 16.0 update from FF 15 compatability.

Kudos0

Thanks for the updated info.  I will wait patentienly. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.