• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Application error 25058 unable to locate enough contiguous free space to load run.

Hi everybody,

I have created a backup via Norton Ghost(Semantic Recovery Disc) for all my computer's external hard disk(686GB) which has four partitions C: OS, System, D: Factory Recovery and HP tools.( from the bootable Semantic Recovery Disc, I have chosen "Local" option. Then: 'Disk'. After that, I have chosen "to image". Next, I have been directed to choose the destination. Finally, I have chosen my external hard disk(1TB)

When  I have restored(recovered) my computer from this full Image, Ghost 11.0(1998-2000) showed me this error below,  although  the progress of restoration reached to 85%, and the current restoring partition was 3/4:

Application error 25058 unable to locate enough contiguous free space to load run.

Increase the destination partition size or run Ghost with- NTEXACT Switch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: when I have created the image, the C partition had about space of 550GB  used and 136GB free. However, when I have restored from Image, C partition had about space of 50GB used and 536GB free).

How can I increase the destination partition size or run Ghost with- NTEXACT Switch?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Application error 25058 unable to locate enough contiguous free space to load run.

Hi everybody,

I have created a backup via Norton Ghost(Semantic Recovery Disc) for all my computer's external hard disk(686GB) which has four partitions C: OS, System, D: Factory Recovery and HP tools.( from the bootable Semantic Recovery Disc, I have chosen "Local" option. Then: 'Disk'. After that, I have chosen "to image". Next, I have been directed to choose the destination. Finally, I have chosen my external hard disk(1TB)

When  I have restored(recovered) my computer from this full Image, Ghost 11.0(1998-2000) showed me this error below,  although  the progress of restoration reached to 85%, and the current restoring partition was 3/4:

NOTE: when I have created the image, the C partition had about space of 550GB  used and 136GB free. However, when I have restored from Image, C partition had about space of 50GB used and 536GB free).

How can I increase the destination partition size or run Ghost with- NTEXACT Switch?

Kudos0

Re: Application error 25058 unable to locate enough contiguous free space to load run.

You confuse me. I thought you were using Ghost 15. Ghost 11 is part of Symantec;'s Ghost Soultion Suite. It is an enterprise pargram, not really for consumers. Please get help here...  http://www.symantec.com/connect/endpoint-management/forums/ghost-solution-suite

Kudos0

Please understand me,

This error has been destroyed my Factory Recovery partition. So, I am no longer able to use F11 for Recovery manager.

What can I do with this link you sent

I need help for what I have said. Could you please read my last post so you will understand me?

There is no any difference between any version of Ghost. I have created a backup of my compute and it succeeded. However, it failed in restoring my computer only.

Kudos0

I have created a backup via Norton Ghost 11.0(Symantic Recovery Disc) for all my computer's external hard disk(686GB) which has four partitions C: OS, System, D: Factory Recovery and HP tools.( from the bootable Sysmantic Recovery Disc, I have chosen "Local" option. Then: 'Disk'. After that, I have chosen "to image". Next, I have been directed to choose the destination. Finally, I have chosen my external hard disk(1TB)

Anyway, when the image failed to restore my computer, I have exited the Ghost and then my computer restart. However, this message showed me:

Windows boot Manager:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1- Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2- Choose your language settings, and then click "next"

3-Click repair your computer.

If you don't have this disc contact your System adminstrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

file:\Boot\BCD

Inf: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I couldn't do anything, I have brought my Recovery Discs and put the first one in the driver and then pressed ESC to return to the window of  choosing booting devices. In that windows I have chosen 'boot' from Driver. Then computer booted from first disc. Finally, Recovery Manager's windows showed me.

I have followed the instructions on that Recovery Manager until I finished from prepare my Windows.

When my Windows started, I was quite surprised that:

*The D: Factory Recovery  has been removed and its space merged to C.

*I was when I restart my compute I press F11 to boot to Recovery Manager. However, now this  no longer works.

*I was when I set up 'Show hide files and folders' from the "Folders Options", HP tools partition is shown in my computer because HP tools is originally a hidden partition. This no longer works now, although when I have run computer management, HP tools is shown.

---------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I have recovered my computer two times with using Factory Recovery partition, which was on D,  and Recovery Discs before I have tried restoring with image created by Ghost. In each time, I only went through one restarting of my computer and then I have come to 'preparation my computer for its first use".
However, When I I have tried restoring my computer from Recovery Discs after the restoration failed during Ghost, my computer restarted several times(about 6 times) and in each time it restarted  and returned into a window with a title "Software installation". This window(This windows I didn't go thourgh it before.) continues about 30 minutes .Then  I have come to 'preparation my computer for its first use" .

Kudos0

cooperator,

As Red pointed out, you are in the wrong forum. We don't use the Ghost you are using.

Kudos0

Thanks a lot

How can I do now? Could you direct me where I can post my problem?

Kudos0

I gave the link in Message #2.

Kudos0

Yes, I have checked up at that forum but unfortunately, I didn't find any solution, although some member posted the same error.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.