• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

ARGH! How do I get firmware 226?

My core will not update to firmware 226.  It is on 223 and I am having many disconnects per day.

I want to at least try 226 before I throw this thing in the trash, but 226 never gets installed.  Frustrating!

Labels: Firmware

Replies

Kudos0

Re: ARGH! How do I get firmware 226?

Hello KMP14

Firmware is supposed to update on it's own if your Core is connected to the internet. For the disconnects, please try changing your DNS to ISP DNS instead of Norton DNS.  You might not be able to have a Firmware update if your are not connected long enough.

Are you Android or IOS? The app should be 1.29 if you are Android. Has that updated on it's own? After you change your DNS servers, you could restart your Core.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

Thanks, I changed to my ISP's DNS and restarted.  I will follow up on restuls.

Kudos0

Well, as I mentioned, I have changed my DNS to use the ISP DNS, and I gave it overnight, but my firmware is still 223. I don't know how much more time I can waste messing around with this router. How do I get the update?
Kudos0

I don't know if this will solve the problem but I would do a Factory Reset & Erase Data.   This would be starting from scratch and it would be a pain but there is no way to manually update the firmware it is done automatically.   

Kudos0

Hi @KMP14,

I have sent you a private message requesting additional information. Could you please check your inbox when you get a chance? Thanks. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Well,. I tried a Factory Reset & Erase Data.  No luck.  At the point in the setup where it checks for firmware updates, it reports that it is on the latest firmware.  After completing setup, it is still on 223.  This post WAS an angry rant, but I am calming down for now, hopefully Gayathri can help me.

Kudos0

Gayathri,  sorry I did not see your post before I posted my last angry comment.  Checking my inbox right now.

Kudos0

Did you check you have the latest version of the Core app on your mobile device?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

The version of the app on my Android phone is 1.29.
Kudos0

Hello KPM14 It appears you had a similar issue a few days ago which was resolved. https://community.norton.com/en/forums/unable-activate-norton-core-registered

Power OFF both your Core and ISP devices and allow them to sit for 10 minutes. After ten minutes power on your ISP device and allow it to cycle until it shows full internet connectivity. Once done, power on your Core then push the reset button underneath the Core for 10 seconds and release. Follow prompts. Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

I have basically already tried this. If you look earlier in this thread someone from Norton contacted me and asked for my core serial number, which I have provided. Are you also from Norton and asking me to do this because something has been changed on the back end? If not, like I said I've already tried resetting, and I will wait until the folks from Norton get back to me.
Kudos0

@SoulAsylum I just realized I didn't respond to the first part of your post. This is not at all similar issue to my earlier one. That one was a problem resetting the core. I am not sure why you think it is the same.

Kudos1 Stats

KMP. There have been issues where multiple resets corrected the issues. I wasn't being a pushover with the reset again suggestion, I've had to do it from experience. To answer your question, no I am not an employee of Norton or Symantec. Hold tight and someone from Norton should give you a response once they have analyzed whatever they asked you to give them.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

Thanks. I don't mean to be cranky, but the time I have wasted messing with this product has made me so. I appreciate the help.
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I turned off my cable modem and core.  I left them off for about 20 minutes.  Started up the cable modem, waited for internet connectivity, and then started and reset the core.  I then went through the setup process and again, and, low and behold, after completing the setup process, I am on firmware version 229!  I didnt realize there was a version 229! Thanks to everyone!

Kudos0

Version 229 was just made available this morning.

Kudos0

Where's the release notes on 229??

Kudos0

Hello Occam

Sorry, but the Release Notes for 229 have not been posted yet.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.