• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Auto protect broke with Windows 10 1809 update

Hi,

After the Windows 10 1809 feature update on my Laptop, NIS Auto-Protect had a problem.

"Fix Now" failed to work.

Norton Auto repair failed to solve it.

In the end I downloaded the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool which has solved the problem, although the version that installed is NIS 22.15.0.88 which is an earlier version?

Anyhow, I'm happy that Auto-protect is working again. Will see what happens when I next run the NIS Live update.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Auto protect broke with Windows 10 1809 update

Hi, Phil. It's suggested to disable/uninstall anti virus when doing a feature update such as 1809, as the av thinks that something is trying to change files etc, which it is !

Run Live Update manually until no more are found, and then RESTART,

That should bring you up to date version wise.

@lucky_phil

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Hi F 4 E

Yes, running live Update a couple of times brought NIS back up to date.

Sadly, the Windows 10 1809 feature update took almost 4 hrs to complete ... 4 hours you say?!!!  

Yeah, I know !! .... so I had no desire to  turn off my Internet Security for that length of time. :)

This is the first time that a Windows 10 feature update has "broken" NIS for me ... maybe it was a once off glitch?

The good news is that I'm back to normal now.

Cheers.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

My son said today that the 1809 update was pulled. A lot of people had problems..

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

Phil, you would still be protected by Defender and Windows Firewall during the download, but I get your concerns !

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.