• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Auto-Protect pops up every 5/10 minutes about Trojan.Fakeav and backdoor.tidserv?

So this means something is re-infecting my computer and NIS is blocking it correct?  I am set up to liveupdate and have run full scans on reg and in safe mode and it finds nothing.  I am also getting auto-protect pop ups every 10 minutes about backdoor.tidserv.  I am not on a network.  Running XP service pack 2.  The pop ups are VERY annoying.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  I contact symantec customer service and they referred me to a fee service.  Uh, why would spend $ when I just spent $50 on the software!

Oh yeah, running NIS 2010.

Message Edited by Zimon on 11-24-2009 10:10 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Auto-Protect pops up every 5/10 minutes about Trojan.Fakeav and backdoor.tidserv?

So this means something is re-infecting my computer and NIS is blocking it correct?  I am set up to liveupdate and have run full scans on reg and in safe mode and it finds nothing.  I am also getting auto-protect pop ups every 10 minutes about backdoor.tidserv.  I am not on a network.  Running XP service pack 2.  The pop ups are VERY annoying.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  I contact symantec customer service and they referred me to a fee service.  Uh, why would spend $ when I just spent $50 on the software!

Oh yeah, running NIS 2010.

Message Edited by Zimon on 11-24-2009 10:10 PM
Kudos0

Re: Auto-Protect pops up every 5/10 minutes about Trojan.Fakeav and backdoor.tidserv?

How are you running Live Update if you are not on a network?

What do the pop up say?  Can you get any details from the Resolved Security Risks in History?

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Zimon, it sounds as though you may have installed Norton over top of a rootkit infection.  You have a serious problem other than just the popups.  If you don't want to take advantage of the Symantec fee based virus removal, you will need to find an appropriate malware removal forum, such as Bleeping Computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Hi Zimon

As a side note, if you get this problem cleaned up ok, you should really get sp 3 for XP and all the windows updates that came after sp3. That can help to protect your computer also, but it doesn't take the place of a security program or take the place of practicing safe computer skills and having safe computer habits.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.