Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Awkward experience with Norton Twitter Support
I wish to share my latest experience with Norton Twitter Support which I've honestly found quite awkward and annoying. It was almost like talking to an artificial intelligence but with a backward technology like 2000s. It took over 20 days without a conclusion.
I was planning to let go but when I was asked for further information today, I got literally mad :)
I'm sure they are all qualified people who are expert at what they do but I dont know, is there a problem in task sharing or collaboration? I just wonder so I came here to learn.
I tried to detail my conversation below but you can also read it from:
conversation cascaded: https://twitter.com/vmrnss/status/941406893599330304
screenshots combined: https://imgur.com/a/9jCRv
I encountered a problem in which the Norton Identity Safe Android App got stuck in “Loading” when clicked on Agree & Launch at the very beginning. I checked regional play store comments and saw that the problem was being experienced by almost anyone. So I reported this to Norton Support Twitter on December 14th.
(screenshot #1) I was instructed to clear data and cache which i already did including reinstalling.
(screenshot #2) I was instructed to try it on wifi, which i already did.
(screenshot #3) I was instructed to provide device/software details & location etc.
(screenshot #4) I was instructed to clear data and cache ONCE MORE.
(screenshot #4) I was instructed to provide device/software details ONCE MORE.
During the time I by myself found the cause of the bug (on December 19th). There is no Turkish translation for the app so the app was previously redirecting to English version. I found out that this redirection was broken and All Turkish (maybe other *ish’es as well) users (that means who has Turkish as the default phone language) were waiting forever in the loading page. [I was pretty sure about it because the app started working once I set the phone language as English]
(screenshot #4) I told them I found the cause on December 19th.
(screenshot #5) They didn’t seem to understand so i explained further...
They told me they’ll check it and get back. They didn’t get back for 2 weeks until January 2nd.
Although my Twitter conversation became a pain in a**, turns out some Norton guy read it and fixed the bug and the redirecting started working well.
(screenshot #5) But then they got back and told me to clear data and cache for the 3rd time; UNBELIVEABLE. After i reported the exact cause of the bug and probably had it resolved!
(screenshot #5) I asked if they read the previous conversation at all, adding that it was already fixed and explained the cause ONCE MORE.
(screenshot #6) Even if i told it was fixed, i was still told it was being checked and finally today (january 8th) i was asked for more info.