• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Back up not completing on Windows XP running Norton 360

My desktop runs on Windows XP and has Norton 360 installed.  I often have problem with back up not being completed, it can run for hours with  no conclusion.  I have now noticed a message that says "Could not run due to maintenance being performed on your online back up."  Any idea when this is likely to be resolved?

Labels: Windows XP

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Back up not completing on Windows XP running Norton 360

Keep running back up but getting the same message as in my original post. It seems that back up has not been completed since 15/9/17, although it is scheduled to run automatically, Any suggestions on how to resolve this please?
Kudos0

Contact Norton Support about this issue. There have been a few other posts about this 'maintenance' issue. Support was able to reset something on their end to re enable the backups.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for your reply Peter, I have tried to contact 'Live Chat' but when I click on the 'save & continue' button, nothing happens. I'm sure I've been able to access live chat before on this computer, but now having problems. Any other suggestions?
Kudos0

I would try again. There may have been some temporary issue with the chat system. Maybe try a different browser.

Kudos0

Yes Peter - I think the browser may well be the problem. :-(  

Kudos0

Still having this problem, have tried several things including adjusting pop up blocker, to no effect.  At one point up came 'N360 back up engine failed Error 8920,200' and  'HTTP status 403 forbidden', any idea what this means? 

Kudos0

Here is the Norton KB article for error 8920,200   https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v99503401_End...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.