This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Backup no longer working since latest patch (21 July 2021)

Hi, since installing the latest patch to Norton 360, I've been unable to complete a backup (on an external disk with sufficient space).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Norton 360.  Which meant I had to reconfigure my backup, unfortunately. On one attempt I had a message telling me I had partial success and suggesting I close other programs running (which I had done).  I've lost the best part of two days trying to fix this problem.

Anyone else having problems with backup?  I've been using Norton for a very long time.  If I can't use Norton for backup, then I'll look at other solutions for antivirus etc.  I've now installed other backup software. 

This is frustrating.  

I'd appreciate any (and all) helpful suggestions.

Labels: Backup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup no longer working since latest patch (21 July 2021)

I went back to files selected for backup and excluded 'other files'  The backup now works.

Kudos0

I have the same issue.   Upon updating to 22.21.6.51 backup no longer completes and actually closes (crashes?) the Norton 360 program.

I tried creating a new backup set to no success.    Backup now says it has "never run" with last backup "not available"

Backup worked just fine before the update.    

Kudos0

I see similar problem with backup.   Upon updating to 22.21.6.51 backup no longer completes and shut downs (crashes?) the Norton 360 program.

I tried a new backup set with no success.    The backup says it has "never run" and last back up is "not available".   

Backup worked fine before the update to the new version.

Kudos0

I spoke to soon.  On my third attempt this morning I successfully completed a backup.  The first two attempts, it wouldn't back up my eMail even though my eMail was not open. I would love to know what has changed to cause this. I've been using Norton products for over 20 years and this is the first significant problem I have experienced.

Kudos0

I had the crash problem as well yesterday.  It is frustrating because there is no error message: one minute the program is running, and then it vanishes. Really weird.