• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Backup not working in Norton 360 v 5 - can't find drive which is attached and operable

Trying to run backup on Norton 360 v 5 and it's telling me it can't find external drive, make sure it's connected and try again.  I did this numerous times.  I have a 250G external USB drive.  Moved it to various other USB ports.  Also, created a "test" backup set and wrote to it flawlessly.  Anyone else having a similar problem?  Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Backup not working in Norton 360 v 5 - can't find drive which is attached and operable

Trying to run backup on Norton 360 v 5 and it's telling me it can't find external drive, make sure it's connected and try again.  I did this numerous times.  I have a 250G external USB drive.  Moved it to various other USB ports.  Also, created a "test" backup set and wrote to it flawlessly.  Anyone else having a similar problem?  Thank you.
Kudos0

Re: Backup not working in Norton 360 v 5 - can't find drive which is attached and operable

Hi,

do this error happens only if the backup runs automatically? Or by manual runs too?

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

It happens in manual backup mode, I use that rather than automatic.  I did successfully create a small, test backup and that worked fine - wrote to the external drive - no problem.  So, I do not believe it is the connection.  I can use Windows explorer, it finds content there.  I know I am connected... I just doubt the software at this point.  Thanks for writing back.

Kudos0

Did you upgraded to v5 just recently from an older version?

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.