• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Beware of "free upgrade" for Norton 360. "Existing customers" refers to life lock users - Cost for Norton users is $ 150.00 or more.

Beware of "free upgrade" for Norton 360. "Existing customers" refers to life lock users - Cost for Norton users is $ 150.00 or more.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Beware of "free upgrade" for Norton 360. "Existing customers" refers to life lock users - Cost for Norton users is $ 150.00 or more.

Um, my upgrade from Norton Security to Norton 360 was free. 
Only, LifeLock feature with my Norton 360 is Dark Web Monitoring.

Kudos0

Re: Beware of "free upgrade" for Norton 360. "Existing customers" refers to life lock users - Cost for Norton users is $ 150.00 or more.

I contacted Norton before the upgraded and he said I can cancel at any time, it did turn auto-renew on. Just turn auto-renew back to off for the "FREE" upgrade than you won't be charged when Norton renews at the end of the activation period. Correct? 

Kudos1 Stats

That is correct. It will ask for a credit card and turns on Auto Rnewal.

After the free upgrade I deleted my credit card and turned off Auto Renewal.

It replaces your old subscription and retains the number of days but does not add any.

Jim 

Kudos0

I received the "Boxing Day" upgrade offer. But then I thought, in 2017, I upgraded from 360 to Premium plus VPN, so why am I being asked to "Upgrade" to something I had 2+ years ago? My subscription only renewed in November, so why wasn't I approached at that time?

I get very confused by a lot of the emails I receive about upgrades, offers for services I already have, or the removal of certain functions, and there never seems to be any loyalty reductions, just annual increases.

How about looking after your loyal customers in other ways Norton?

Kudos0

I upgraded from 360 to Premium plus VPN, so why am I being asked to "Upgrade" to something I had 2+ years ago?

The product in the offer was not available 2+ years ago. The offer is for the New Norton 360 product that includes the VPN features built in.

We are all getting confused by the marketing department changing the product lineup names over the last few years.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I was going to ask what the difference was between my current Norton Security with back up & Norton 360 (which I have used on my desktop with XP in the past) so this new Norton 360 now includes extra protection with the VPN?

I received an offer of a free upgrade via email and accepted it, but still getting emails asking me to upgrade??

Whilst here, can i ask what the risks are to my new Galaxy tab 5se  accessing the internet without Norton?  I am trying really hard to get Norton downloaded on to it,  and although I have entered my email details, I cannot get into my email account to down load it.  I don't suppose there is another way? 

Kudos0

Whilst here, can i ask what the risks are to my new Galaxy tab 5se  accessing the internet without Norton?  I am trying really hard to get Norton downloaded on to it,  and although I have entered my email details, I cannot get into my email account to down load it.  I don't suppose there is another way? 

With any device connecting to the internet, there are risks. The first line of defence is your browsing habits. As long as you only go to known safe sites, and to not click on unknown links, you are fairly safe. But there can never be a 100% guarantee.

What trouble are you having getting your email on the mobile device? Are you using the email app on the device or are you just using web mail from the browser?  You can always get Norton Mobile Security, NMS, from the Google Play Store app on your device. Then during the install, just look for the I already have a subscription link. Then enter your Norton Account email and password to activate the full version.

Kudos0

I confess to being new to tablets, and aware that they operate very differently to my laptop, but learning as I go along.  I have entered my email address & password, but it just won't recognise the p/w.  I have checked many times that I am entering the p/w correctly, but every time bar once, it says my p/w is incorrect.  The one time it seemed to accept it, I couldn't get any further, when I tapped continue, there was no response.  

Kudos0

What email and password are you entering, and where are you entering it?

Is it your email account you are trying to access? If so, are you using the an email app on  your device, or are you using a browser to access your web mail web page?

Kudos0

Hi Peter,  I have finally got into my email box, I have heard from other users of Galaxy that it takes a while for the tablet to start responding <rolls eyes>   Not what a newbie to Tablets wants to hear!  I do need further instruction though, as although I can tap on the relevant Norton email, I'm still struggling to do anything with it.  Onwards & upwards!

Kudos0

Well I'm s l o w l y getting somewhere, I managed to get into download Norton from the email sent to me, signed in to my Norton account, but it is now saying 'download from Google app store' - is this correct?   I didn't get this message when I added a mobile phone to my account, it just did it .

Kudos1 Stats

Yes. The download is from the Google Play Store app. The difference could be in the Android version between your phone and the tablet. Newer OS version may have more protections to ensure you really want to be taken to the link you tap on in an email.

Kudos0

Thanks Peter, will give it a go. :)

Kudos0

Well it's been downloading for about an hour now - surely that can't be right.  I've looked at download help, but can't see anything I haven't done.  :/

Kudos0

I don't know how i did it - but now all is up and running as it should be!

Thanks for your help Peter. 

Kudos0

Good news. Glad I could help.

Maybe try restarting the tablet. Just like a PC, an Android device can benefit from a system restart every once in a while.

Kudos0

Peterweb,

So what's the difference between my Norton Security Premium plus Norton VPN, for £120 p.a.covering 10 devices, and the "New Norton 360"?

When I changed from Ultimate to 360, it was supposed to be an upgrade, then the same story from 360 to Premium Security. Are you suggesting that Norton/Lifelock/Symantec are playing stupid games, and extracting money automatically, and convincing you to "upgrade", under false pretences?

Kudos0

Whiskey51:

Peterweb,

So what's the difference between my Norton Security Premium plus Norton VPN, for £120 p.a.covering 10 devices, and the "New Norton 360"?

When I changed from Ultimate to 360, it was supposed to be an upgrade, then the same story from 360 to Premium Security. Are you suggesting that Norton/Lifelock/Symantec are playing stupid games, and extracting money automatically, and convincing you to "upgrade", under false pretences?

If you are using Norton Security Premium and the Norton Secure VPN, you are having to manage two separate subscriptions for these two packages. With the new 360 product line, the VPN is an included feature, so only one subscription to manage. Plus you get increased online storage, Dark Web Monitoring, and Safe Cam features.

If you check the Norton web site, you may also find you are paying a little less than you are now.

Kudos0

Peterweb,

I take your point, but they both renew on the same date in November.

The new 360 Premium is exactly what I have, except the 75Gb cloud back up, and of course the offer price which is 2 yrs for what I have just paid for my 1 yr renewal. However, since Norton is telling me I have 305 days left on my subscription, the offer is pretty irrelevant, unless they will give me the 2 years, for what I have already paid.. Oh, and there's no Dark Web protection listed with the new UK version

Kudos0

You say you have the new 360 Premium. Are you saying you do have the 75GB cloud backup? If not, how much do you have? Do you have the VPN feature included in the 360 product, or is it still a separate program?

When did you initially purchase this? If more than a year ago, you are still on the older 360 product that did not have the new features.

Kudos0

No what I meant is that I have the "old" Premium (Version 22.19.9.63), but it has everything the "new" Premium has, except I have 25Gb cloud storage, instead of 75Gb, and the VPN is stand alone, so not incorporated. What else do you think is different?

Kudos0

Whiskey51: ...except I have 25Gb cloud storage, instead of 75Gb...

I have Norton 360 Premium (free upgrade from Norton Security w Backup) 10 seats.  I have 150 GB backup.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.