• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Boot Time Protection in NIS 2011 & Win 7

Hi all, I'm running W7 x64 and since installing NIS 2011 a few days ago each time I boot my pc it goes into Startup Repair mode and takes about 15 mins before it reboots ok into Windows. Norton then comes up saying "a fix is in progress" and it takes about 2 mins or so for the AV and antispyware components to appear as "on" during which time it informs me that they are "out of date" even though it updates ok. This was obviously very annoying so I turned Boot Time Protection to "off" (default is "normal") and since then my pc boots up everytime with no problems. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Boot Time Protection in NIS 2011 & Win 7

Hi ade0410,

Welcome to the Norton Community. Can you confirm your version of NIS 2011 from Support > About?

I have not heard of any problems like this.

Do you or did you have any other security software installed before attempting to install NIS 2011? If so, did you remove the other security software and if so how did you remove it? Note that just removing through Control Panel is not enough. Security software should be removed using a removal tool before attempting to install the new security software. This is necessary because security software such as anti-virus embeds its hooks very deeply into the OS and the conventional uninstall does not typically remove all remnants of the old software. This can cause conflicts when attempting to install the new software.

Also, did you previously run the NIS 2011 BETA and if so did you restore your system to its pre-BETA state before installing the official version?

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Hi.

Version is 18.1.0.37 - clean install with full license key (valid until Sept 2011).  I didn't have any previous betas installed.

Previous security software installed was Avast Free which I uninstalled using the control panel but then removed any left over folders and registry entries manually.  Other security software I have installed as purely on-demand is SuperAntiSpyware Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.  Non of these two programs runs at start up.  Windows Defender and Firewall are both turned off.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you need anything else.

PS.  When I had NIS 2010 installed sometime back I never experienced issues with the early load option turned on with that only with NIS 2011.

Kudos2 Stats

Hi ade0410,

Thanks for the update. I believe Avast has a real-time protection component as indicated by the following Avast support forum discussion.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=62280.0

Even though you uninstalled Avast and performed some manual clean up I think it is possible that remnants of it might have been left behind.

I would recommend running the Avast removal tool located here.

After that I would recommend using the Norton removal tool following the procedure below and then reinstalling NIS 2011.

If you use Identity Safe you should back up this data first. Please see this link for details on how to do this.

Before you use the removal tool, please download the full version of NIS 2011 from here. Please note that this is the English version so please let me know if you need a different language and I will provide the appropriate link.

Once you have downloaded NIS, you can proceed with use of the removal tool as indicated below.

Please NOTE that this removes ALL Symantec products so be sure to have your license keys ready as you will need to reinstall all your Symantec software products. You can get your Norton product key from your Norton Account.

Once done please download the Norton Removal Tool from Symantec from this link.

For your protection, disconnect from the Internet before continuing.

Do a conventional uninstall of NIS via the Control Panel and then restart your computer.

Run the Norton Removal Tool and once it is completed, please reboot your computer. Once up please run the Removal Tool one more time and once again reboot.

Then please install NIS 2011 from the full version downloaded earlier. Once installed please reconnect back to the Internet and run Live Update repeatedly (rebooting as requested) until it reports there are no more updates.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Thanks for your help.  Will try this when I get back this evening and post back.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi, ade0410,

Would like to make you aware that for about the first week you have Norton 2011 Products and Early Load Auto-Protect, you will find that your Start-Up Time will almost double, so, say, with N.I.S. 2010 installed it takes two minutes, for the first week of N.I.S. 2011 installed it will take four minutes to fully start up.  The reason for this is that your Norton Product is getting used to being installed on your system; a bit like buying new shoes which may hurt at first, but, when you've got used to them, feel comfy as your previous ones did before they got un-wearable!  Hope this information was helpful to you, and to anyone else out there in Norton Community World.  And it is recommended you have Early Load "On" so that you are getting maximum protection.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

It would be helpful to explain this in more detail.  Are you saying that with Boot Time Protection ON NIS is "learning" the system in some way?  Creating a database of files?  What?  Also  Boot Time Protection has two ON settings in the 2011 product, i.e. Normal and Agressive.  It would be nice to know what the difference is.  For what it's worth I have NIS 2011 installed on Windows 7 x64.  Previously I was using NIS 2010 and I haven't noticed a significant difference in boot up time with Boot Time Protection On and set to Normal (default).

Kudos0

Floating-Red Hi, 

You wrote:- 

...........................................................................................................

And it is recommended you have Early Load "On" so that you are getting maximum protection.

.................................................................................................................................................................

Please excuse my ignorance, but where do I find this item, please?

drshlomo.

Kudos0

Hi, Victek,

Thank-You for your Reply.

Yes, your Norton Product, for about the first week it is installed, will be in a Learning Mode, for example, the Smart Firewall will be Learning how you use the programs on your computer, and, therefore, can create Rules based on how the programs connect to the Internet. 

Once the Scanner of Auto-Protect and On-Demand has Scanned the same Files multiple times, the quicker it Scans them.  It's a bit like learning to type: At first, you're slow because you're learning where all the Keys are, but, over time and the more and moe you do it, the quicker you become.

Don't forget that if you use Norton Insight, the more you Scan them at first, and based on their Reputation, they will be Added to the Not To Be Scanned, so there will be less Files that need to be Scanned; the Files in the Need Scanning part, will always be Scanned regardless of how many times you Scan them.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.

When this option is set to Normal or Aggressive, all the required drivers and plug-ins start functioning as soon as you start your computer. A driver is a program containing information that the computer needs to recognize and control a device. A plug-in is an add-on for a program or a service that adds functionality to it. This option ensures higher level of security from the moment you turn on your computer.

When it is set to "Aggressive", if it Detects a File that looks Suspicious, for example, it will Remove it from your system, whereas, if it is on "Normal", this File may not be Detected as it is less aggressive.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

Hi, drshlomo,

Some members of the Norton Community recommend that you keep Early Load on to Detect Threats as they are being Loaded as, once loaded, may be un-detectable due to their Anti-Detection techniques.  Hope this answers your question.

Kudos0

Hi Floating_Red,

The OP stated it is taking about 15 minutes for Windows to boot up and then NIS indicates a "fix is in progress". I don't consider this normal behavior and I certainly don't see that on either of the 3 computers I've upgraded to NIS 2011.

In fact my desktop in particular boots up just a tad faster if anything, after upgrading to 2011.

ade0410, since you had advast before I think you should go through the removal procedure I mentioned before. This will ensure that there are no remnants of it left behind.

Have you been leaving Boot time protection set to Normal? Aggressive probably would somewhat slow down computer startup.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hi, Allen,

Of course this doesn't seem like normal behaviour, but this, the Early Load, may have impact on Boot-Up, and I agree that the Removal Tool for the previous Anti-Virus should be Run in order to make sure it is fully removed from the system.  I am sure that running something like Norton Utilities Registry Scan would fix this as well.  Perhaphs the O.P. could post a Screen Shot of exactly what is happening, and if the Security Status is Secure or not, because, to me, "Fix in Progress" - or whatever the message is - looks like Norton is Fixing something, if it is indeed a Norton Notification that is displaying this.

Even if Early Load is "On", after about one week, things should have improved, i.e. the Start-Up becomes quicker as Norton gets used to the system on which it is installed, regardless of what Setting it is on.

Kudos0

Floating-Red Hi, 

Firstly, thank you so much for such a quick reply to me.

I wasn't, in any way questioning your judgment or expertise.  It sounds like an excellent suggestion to me, especially after you explained exactly what it does and why we need it.  It's just that I suppose this item is located in "Settings", but, having looked many times, I don't seem able to find it. 

I would appreciate some directions, please.

Thank you, again,

drshlomo.

Kudos0

HI drshlomo,

In NIS 2010 it was referred to as early load. In NIS 2011 it is located in Computer Settings and is called Enable Boot Time Protection where the settings can be Off, Normal and Aggressive with Normal being the default and the recommended setting.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies to this thread - your answers are most helpful.

I think there has been some misunderstanding in that when I have Boot Time Protection enabled (left at the default of "normal"), my Windows install states that is is unable to start Windows and goes into the Startup Repair Wizard which takes 15 mins to complete saying it will fix errors if they are found.  So it doesn't take 15 mins to boot up into Windows it's just the Startup Repair Wizard that takes the time.  Once that is complete, Windows loads albeit slightly slowly than before I had NIS installed but the reason for that has been explained.  When loaded, NIS is then stating that a fix is in progress and eventually after about a couple of mins things are back to normal.

I'll follow the uninstall procedure as mentioned and post back.

Kudos0

AllenM Hi, 

Wow!!!  What a quick reply, 11 minutes after my post.  Thanks, I found it immediately after I read your note.  Mine is set to normal and has been since starting 2011.  I don't know what my Beta or NIS 2010 were set to, presumably the same as I think this is the default.

I would like to add that for someone like myself, with a very limited knowledge about these issues, it is so much appreciated that when we ask simple questions there are so many very serious and knowledgeable experts, like yourself and Floating-Red, just to mention two among the large number of you, who are willing to take the time to explain to us, in simple terms, about our problems and queries.

For me, this makes writing on these boards a real pleasure and not the embarrassment which could result from our obvious innocence.

I thank each and every one of you for your wonderful help and assistance. 

NIS 2011 is a wonderful program, in no small part because of the efforts of you guys.

drshlomo.    

Kudos0

Hi ade0410,

Thanks for the additional information. We'll look forward to an update as to how things goes.

Please be sure to run the Avast removal tool along with the Norton removal tool.

Thanks and best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hi,

I'd like to add one more point to Allen's: I would recommend Saving the N.I.S. 2011 Download to your Desktop because, just before you Run the Norton Removal Tool, dis-connect from the Internet, and remain dis-connected until you get N.I.S. 2011 installed again; if you have the Disc of N.I.S. 2011, then all you need to do is once you Re-Start from using the Norton Removal Tool is pop the disc in to your machine and follow the instructions to install your Norton 2011 Product.  Once you have got N.I.S. 2011 installed, it is safe to re-connected, however, I would highly recommend Running Norton LiveUpdate right away to get all the Protection Updates. 

Kudos0

Floating-Red Hi, 

I always worry about this.  If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting that NIS 2011 be downloaded whilst being protected by another Norton security program and then install NIS 2011 before reconnecting to the Internet.  That is, we shouldn't be on the Internet whilst downloading or installing Norton without a Norton security program being present as we would be liable to pick up malware.  How vulnerable are we as I haven't seen anything about this is Norton's instructions and I thought that maybe there was some protection from Norton during this dangerous period.

Also, does running the Norton Removal tool not affect the NIS 2011 that has just been downloaded to the desktop? 

Cheers,

drshlomo.

Kudos0

Hi, drshlomo,

Firstly, thank-you for your very kind comments on your previous Message.

Secondly, sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough; this is what you would do:

01. Download the Norton Removal Tool and the Norton 2011 Installer; Save to Desktop.

02. Dis-connect from the Internet.

03. Run the Norton Removal Tool.

The Norton Installer should not be touched by the N.R.T., un-less this has been changed for Norton 2011 Products, probably for the reason of re-installing your Norton Product.  If it does remove the Installer, then, once the computer has re-started from using the Norton Removal Tool, then a Web Page with instructions on how to re-install your Norton Product should be displayed, however, for this to be displayed, you would need to Connect to the Internet and you should try and avoid this so you are not putting yourself and the computer at risk of infection.

Hope this answers your question; please let us know if you have any more, thanks!

Kudos0

Hi drshlomo,

I also recommend to download and save the NIS 2011 installation file and be disconnected from the Internet while installing the program. This is the safest way, however if you are behind a hardware firewall you are probably fine to still be connected.

However it is very important that if you do stay connected that you do NOT browse or do anything else online until your security software is fully installed. This includes not retrieving email or anything.

So I normally just recommend to disconnect from the internet as the safest way to ensure someone does not do something online during the interim period when they have no AV software running.

The NRT will NOT do anything with the NIS 2011 installation file you downloaded.

Hope this helps clarify.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hi Floating_Red,

Some issues have occasionally come up regarding use of the NRT straight away. Symantec is recommending that a conventional uninstall be done first and then use of the NRT.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Floating-red,  Hi, 

My comments about you and others are simply the basic truth for which so many of us are extremely grateful and, without your intervention most of us would be unable to be taking part in the discussions on these boards.

Thank you for listing the sequence so carefully but now you're peeking my curiosity, especially about two items.

1) when you mention saving to the desktop, would any storage area of the hard disc be the same?

2) Is the computer protected during download and installation of Norton 2011?

Cheers,

drshlomo. 

Kudos0

HI drshlomo,

Please see my earlier post regarding being protected while installing NIS. And yes you can save the NIS download file anywhere you wish. The desktop is just an easy place to find it.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

AllenM Hi, 

I understand that all these issues do not have simple black and white answers but your explanations and instructions are very clear and helpful. 

I shall follow these suggestions and disconnect as specified, which has not always been my practice.  it is so easy to multi task without thinking, and whilst downloading the security program and obviously I have been rather lucky up to now.  I shall not chance it in the future.

Cheers,

drshlomo.  

Kudos1 Stats

drshlomo wrote:

AllenM Hi, 

I understand that all these issues do not have simple black and white answers but your explanations and instructions are very clear and helpful. 

I shall follow these suggestions and disconnect as specified, which has not always been my practice.  it is so easy to multi task without thinking, and whilst downloading the security program and obviously I have been rather lucky up to now.  I shall not chance it in the future.

Cheers,

drshlomo.  

Hi drshlomo,

That is the best way. It is just too easy to do something online out of habit and not think about it. By disconnecting first you won't be able to browse to some malicious website and put your computer at risk.

Allen

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hi again,

Well I've followed the uninstall instructions posted both for Avast and NIS and I'm happy to say that after re-installing NIS 2011 and keeping Boot Time Protection enabled at normal level that my PC is booting again without any problems so far and there is no discernable impact upon the boot time.

So thanks again for your kind and expert advice.   It's very much appreciated.

All the best.

Kudos0

ade0410 Hi, 

I'm very pleased to read of your success following the help given to you on this thread.  Well done.

Perhaps you'd like to mark the thread as solved so that others with a similar problem may be helped by reading the solution.

Enjoy,

drshlomo. 

Kudos0

HI ade0410,

I'm happy to hear that everything went smoothly.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos3 Stats

This thread has taken many twists and turns, but I just want to clear one thing up; boot time protection settings do not affect the "aggressiveness" of detection, it only affects when protection starts in the boot sequence.

Kudos0

Hello PieterV

Floating_Red wrote

When it is set to "Aggressive", if it Detects a File that looks Suspicious, for example, it will Remove it from your system, whereas, if it is on "Normal", this File may not be Detected as it is less aggressive.

PieterV writes

[...]  I just want to clear one thing up; boot time protection settings do not affect the "aggressiveness" of detection, it only affects when protection starts in the boot sequence.

So, your point (if I may) is that 'Aggressive' will start protection earlier in the boot sequence and 'Normal' will start protection later in the boot sequence. 

May I presume then that 'Aggressive' will noticeably slow boot up and 'Normal' is the default solely for consideration to system performance.   'Aggressive' will offer earlier protection with the only detractor slower boot time.

Kudos0

Hi Bjm,

Aggressive mode does result in somewhat slower startup time but from testing I have done it is almost negligible.

From NIS Help regarding Normal mode:

Provides you enhanced protection during your computer start time without compromising your computer's boot performance.

When you set this option to Normal, the drivers and plug-ins start functioning during the computer start time before their specified time delay.

This configuration is the default setting as it ensures better boot performance along with good security levels.

Allen

Kudos0

AllenM wrote:

Hi Bjm,

Aggressive mode does result in somewhat slower startup time but from testing I have done it is almost negligible.

So do you recommend setting it to aggressive then?  I may try this and see what impact it has on my boot time.

Thanks for the advice.

Kudos0

HI ade0410,

I recommend the Normal setting. Though on my system the aggressive setting did not make that much of a difference, there was still some. I did not use a stop watch to time it or anything but I got the impression it was less than around 30 seconds. Different computers will have somewhat different results I'm sure.

I think Normal setting provides the right balance between protection and speed.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hello AllenM et al,

thanks for chiming in...

Guess, I was hoping PieterV would chime back and confirm that I understood his message.

Still unsure and it would appear others may be as to 'Aggressive' ....the term 'Aggressive' conjures up Scan - 'Aggressive' / Sonar 'Aggressive' and detections - false-positives.  So, the info from Floating_Red was readily received and understood and seemingly logical. 

PieterV presented a differing view and understanding for the term 'Aggressive'.

Granted, 2011 may use different terminology...

'Aggressive' is still a poor choice of verbiage IMO for protection that starts earlier in the boot sequence.   As per PieterV and also per PieterV 'Aggressive' has no connection to detections.  Who would not want Norton to always aggressively protect them.  Why would I opt for just normal protection if aggressive protection is a safe viable option....unless, if the detractor is unacceptable system performance.   Appears, as if Symantec is too focused on having the lightest app perhaps to overcome past rep as heavy.   OK with me...but, not every user is still running a Pentium or a 386.  Current systems (as you know) are exponentially faster than just a few years ago.

Granted, default is always recommended.  But, as I prefer NIS over 360 in part because ~ "tweakability" ...for the NIS "tweak factor" to be of value.  The user has to know with clarity and certainty what each tweak choice will do.  IMO

Thnx

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Bjm_,

There is no mention anywhere of Aggressive changing any detection characteristics. Everything indicates that only the starting point at which the protection modules are loaded are changed with this setting.

I do agree that the word "Aggressive" is not the best choice of words.

You might want to post a suggestion for this to be changed in the Ideas Board.

Best wishes.

Allen

Kudos0

Hi AllenM

re > You might want to post a suggestion for this to be changed in the Ideas Board.

The "Help" info has been suggested as lacking for some time...

....the use of terminology such as "Exonerated and Convicted" ...

....Help needs a Symantec to native tongue dictionary...IMO  *(I know off topic)

wonder why 

Floating_Red wrote

OK...I will post my opinions in the Ideas Board.

Cheers and Thnx

Kudos2 Stats

We used the term "aggressive" because we have used the same term in several other categories, i.e. we did not have to invent a new term, we did not have to describe a new term, and we did not have to translate a new term.

The same terms are sometimes used in different connotations, and the meaning applies to the particular context.

Consider "Aggressive" in the context of boot time protection to apply to how early in the boot we start, not what we do when we start or how we scan when we are running.

Aggressive boot time protection is similar to AP early load in previous releases, but is even more "aggressive", meaning that not just AP starts as a boot driver (same time as storage devices become available, meaning we see all file IO from boot time), other protection technologies also start very early.

As with AP early load in previous releases, when a reboot is required to remediate a threat, aggressive boot is automatically enabled for the next boot, this allows us to prevent reinfection by threats that start running very early.

Normal is a reasonable balance between protection and boot time performance.

Off is optimized for boot time performance, meaning we start later in the boot sequence (similar to many other products).

Pieter

Kudos0

I would appreciate a more definitive explanation of the difference between Normal and Agressive Boot Time Protection settings.  Currently this option creates confusion which is similar to the Early Load option in 2010.  In that version the default was OFF and some people said that was OK because NIS would turn it ON automatically when rebooting the computer to remove malware.  The question though is if it didn't improve security to have Early Load ON why include it as an option?  Now in 2011 we have Normal and Agressive options in addition to OFF, and I have the same question.  Without a clear explanation - which perhaps must come directly from the programmers - there is no logical basis for making a choice.  Over all I think NIS is a great program, but I would like to see more detailed explanations of features for us geek types.

Kudos1 Stats

Victek Hi,

If you'll read the comments above, plus the help section for this item, I think you'll have all the info you require to make an educated decision.

drshlomo.

Kudos0

Hello PieterV

Thanks for chiming back with expanded message...

As Symantec is satisfied with a multi-use term...works for me. 

Now, that I know I may have to discern the term 'Aggressive'...

To the specific context and content and function.

No need to post my opinions in the Ideas Board.

Respectfully,

Thank you'

Kudos0

The help file actually does have a pretty detailed description of the three settings for Boot Time Protection.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Kudos0

Just to add to my original post on this thread, I think I have found the cause of the problem I had at boot up.  Although I followed the clean uninstall/install procedure detailed, I have since had few instances of the auto repair appearing again on bootup.  The reason?  Well I have used a program called Reg Organizer for many years and use it to clean registry entries left behind after uninstalling apps. You can do this manually or use the automatic reg repair function and you can also run a reg defrag.  If I perform either one of these two actions, then the next time I boot my pc I get the auto repair appearing again and the subsequent symptons (see my original post on this thread).

The solution is obviously for me not to use those functions from within Reg Organizer.  Not ideal but I can live with it.  Thought I mention this seeing as NIS 2011 obviously has issues with this app as Reg Organizer must do something during the next boot sequence which causes NIS to throw a wobbly!!!!

Kudos3 Stats

ade0410 wrote:

Just to add to my original post on this thread, I think I have found the cause of the problem I had at boot up.  Although I followed the clean uninstall/install procedure detailed, I have since had few instances of the auto repair appearing again on bootup.  The reason?  Well I have used a program called Reg Organizer for many years and use it to clean registry entries left behind after uninstalling apps. You can do this manually or use the automatic reg repair function and you can also run a reg defrag.  If I perform either one of these two actions, then the next time I boot my pc I get the auto repair appearing again and the subsequent symptons (see my original post on this thread).

The solution is obviously for me not to use those functions from within Reg Organizer.  Not ideal but I can live with it.  Thought I mention this seeing as NIS 2011 obviously has issues with this app as Reg Organizer must do something during the next boot sequence which causes NIS to throw a wobbly!!!!

Glad to see you joined the club of those who have learned that routinely cleaning up Windows and especially the registry is not a good idea!

It is not a good idea to try to micromanage Windows ..... I sometimes wonder if Microsoft actually knows what goes on in there so why should a routine third party piece of software be able to decide safely what is not needed?

If you have a definite problem then you can go looking for things to change, once you know what caused the problem, but if you do not then a few unused lines of code in the registry are highly unlikely to be doing any harm and in some cases unused code is there for use later if you add or change something.

I do Windows support elsewhere and I can't tell you how often we get a message posted:

"I cleaned up my windows installation and got rid of a lot of stuff that is not needed ...... and now my computer won't boot up. What should I do?"

Hugh
Kudos0

Thanks for the message Hugh and sorry for taking so long to respond since my last post.  

I agree with what you say and have now learnt a valuable lesson - to leave things alone!  

Cheers.

Ade

Kudos0

Ade,

No problem. When they say One learns by experience they tell the truth!

You know where to find us ....

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.