• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Bug report - Live Update 22.7.0.76 - missing minimize/close icons

It appears that the most recent updates to Norton Security Suite have erased the Minimize and Close icons from the header bar of the Live Update program.  The functions are still there, and can be used, but you must search for them by moving your mouse in the general area of the buttons, then wait for the tooltip to appear to verify which icon you are on.  This is a low-level bug, but it is irritating if you wish to minimize the Live Update window, especially if you miss the Minimize button and hit Close by accident.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Bug report - Live Update 22.7.0.76 - missing minimize/close icons

Hi @JEJinMD,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Could you please post a screen shot of Live Update window?

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Here it is.

Kudos0

I'm having the same problem.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64, Norton Security Version:

Is there a solution to this?

Kudos0

@JEJinMD & des1998:

Have a system reboot and see if that action helps.

If your issue continues, plz give Norton Remove and Reinstall tool a go. Afterwards, plz re-run LiveUpdate, restart your system to make downloads take effect.

Thx and luck~ :)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Thanks, I tried the reinstall route but that didn't fix the problem.  I sure hope there is a fix for this as it's  very tedious to try to find the icons. 

Kudos0

@des1998,

Then... which o/s are you running? Windows 8+? If so, plz disable fast startup > reboot and re-check said missing options. Thx and luck~ :)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Norton Security is the only program that has this problem. 

Kudos0

@des1998,

okay... if Norton Removal Tool still does not work, I'm afraid you need an official fix: choose and download a setup file here > disconnect internet connection > uninstall using NRT > reboot > install as the admin user > restore internet access > update > reboot > re-check any new updates > reboot...

Thx :)

Kudos0

Thanks, I tried the last suggestion but the problem remains.  Any other ideas?

Kudos0

I'm still having the problem - Can anyone suggest something?

Kudos0

Hello

Which browser are you using? You may have to have a chat with Customer Support and see what ideas they can suggest.

www.norton.com/contactcs

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.