Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
C Drive Constantly Runs at 100%
My main hard drive runs at 100% all of the time. The indicator light stays solid. This PC has and i7 processor, 64GB RAM and a 2TB drive but it always has "Not Responding" issues with everything and much of what I am trying to do happens very slowly. I have tried all of this:
- Disable Windows Search
- Update your device drivers
- Disable SuperFetch service
- Perform a diskcheck
- Reset Virtual Memory
- Disable Antivirus Software temporarily
- Change your Google Chrome & Skype settings
- Fix your StorAHCI.sys driver
https:// www .drivereasy. com/knowledge/100-disk-usage-windows-10-fixed/
Of course, Norton 360 finds nothing. I also have Malwarebytes Pro and I just installed MacAfee and it is scanning now. I fear that the drive will wear out.