• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

can I download and apply 22.11.2 manually?

My systems just applied Windows 10 "Creators Update" and Norton is apparently not completely integrated yet on my two Win 10 (x64) version 1709 computers.  I was a long time Comcast based Norton Subscriber, just recently was billed $89.00 for a renewal of my post Comcast direct subscription, yet my systems are not running the latest Norton engines.

I understand that there is a vicious "war going on" between Microsoft and its' "windows defender" ideas, and established Norton technology.  I'm willing to stick with Norton if I can get decent support, but the current situation is frustrating to say the least.

"Retired Cybergeek"

Replies

Kudos0

Re: can I download and apply 22.11.2 manually?

Make sure you turn off Fast Startup in Windows.  Then restart the computer.

Kudos0

Apparently, my understanding of the way Norton tracks executable and manages subscriptions is distorted by the fact that I have been using their products and services since the early days.  The "auto renewal" of my subscription failed and then charges "jumped ahead" slightly when I updated a credit card expiration date and saved the changes.  Then Microsoft decided to automatically distribute their "Creators Update" rev 1709 of Windows 10 Home to my computers.  Downloading a new "down-loader" via the Norton web site apparently "fixed" the problem on my first of four devices to be upgraded.  We shall see what happens over the next few days...BTW the automated annual jump forward from 12/08/2017 to 11/22/2017 as a part of this little dance is annoying, but probably not worth the hassle to try to get corrected given my experiences over the years with complex bureaucratic organizations that implement software.

"Retired Cybergeek"
Kudos0

If you are referring to the date the payment is made for the renewal, The email notice should have noted the time frame when the payment would be taken. This is usually 2 - 3 weeks before your current subscription expiry. But the time is added to existing subscription time, so you are not losing any time. This just ensures continued protection.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.