• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can Malwarebytes Pro, or any other malware program, be used in conjunction with Norton 360?

Would this be overkill, or would the modest lifetime price of the license be worth it? As a side note, can Microsoft Essentials be used with Norton 360?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can Malwarebytes Pro, or any other malware program, be used in conjunction with Norton 360?

Would this be overkill, or would the modest lifetime price of the license be worth it? As a side note, can Microsoft Essentials be used with Norton 360?

Accepted Solution
Kudos4 Stats

Re: Can Malwarebytes Pro, or any other malware program, be used in conjunction with Norton 360?

Hi nychucky,

IMHO, I would not waste my moeny on MBAM Pro - it runs in real time and can cause conflicts with Norton (now others will tell you it doesn't cause conflicts - that why I said IMHO).  I would suggest the Free version ov MBAM (without the trial of their Pro).  It can be used as a "on demand scanner" (run it when you feel you need to) in lieu of running it real-time on a set schedule. It is very good when used that way. 

Also I use SuperAnti Spyware - once again the free version in lieu of the Pro version which runs in real-time.

I myself would not use MSE alongside Norton - once again MSE runs in real time and can cause confluicts with Norton.

Kudos4 Stats

I'm with Yank.

IMHO also, stick to the freebies and let Norton handle your protection.

You could add HitmanPro as an on-demand scanner too.  You can schedule a scan with it once a day as well.

MSE + Norton = No!  Never a good idea to have two AV's running.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hi Yank,

Thanks for the answer. I have been using Norton products for years and am very comfortable with them, but if I can add extra protection it is worth the effort. Can I install both free versions of MBAM and SuperAnti Spyware programs on my computer?

Kudos2 Stats

nychucky wrote:

..... Can I install both free versions of MBAM and SuperAnti Spyware programs on my computer?

Yes, save both free versions to your desktop, and remember to update them before running any scans.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

http://superantispyware.com/

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.