• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can not sign in NIS 21.4.0.13 NL

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can not sign in NIS 21.4.0.13 NL

Kudos0

Hi ferenzzz,
Please verify you have a working internet connection and you can stream updates.
Then try to sign after performing the following steps:
*manually update your Norton product.
*unplug from network
*shut down your system
*remove all power sources
*wait for a few minutes, reconnect them back.
*start your system back.
*perform:
1. Click the Microsoft Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
5. Select Run As Administrator
6. In the command window type the following and then hit enter:
ipconfig /flushdns
may be it should help.
Else it may be some connectivity issues or network problem. Wait and try after few hours.
Can you access your account at manage.norton.com?
Let us know how it goes.
(please post the english version of the error for more understanding of reader)
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Tried all you said.. nothing works.. can you sign out in your Norton product and try to sign in?

Just to verify if you got the same?

I can sign in to the website though, but not in NIS itself...

Kudos0

Just checked right now.
No problem here.
Since I am out of the free limit alloted by isp, I used my mobile as modem. So, it took a minute to log in.
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

I am also Dutch, and I couldn't sign in either while trying the new Norton 2015 Beta.

Kudos0

I am little far from you all.
So I think its a problem localised to some servers (near you) of Norton / Symantec.
Lets wait for some hours (or may be a day) and check it again.
Kudos0

Cell wrote:

I am also Dutch, and I couldn't sign in either while trying the new Norton 2015 Beta.

I'm not using the beta..

Hope some Norton person is willing to tell me what's up?!

I uninstalled NIS and installed again, problem still exists.. :(

Kudos0

Hi,
Patience is always the best way to find and sort out things.
I again suggest you to wait.( I didnt expect you would do a reinstall for this. )
Meanwhile check if time zone and time of your system is correct.
Then try switching off and then on the modem if any.
Kudos0

Hi ferenzz and Cell,

You are having the same problem from Germany, as NickHil suggests, it should be a problem with servers between the U.S. and your country.

I'm in Italy, the problem doesn't occur.

Sandro
Kudos0

Another day...

Problem still exists...

edit: I downloaded the ENG version of NIS and installed all updates and patches, when using the ENG version I can sign in to my account in the main UI of NIS...

So the Dutch NIS contains a bug!

Kudos1 Stats

As noted in another thread by Rainbow_2, lets wait for the Symantec's opinion or fix to the bug.
( http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Can-t-sign-in-to-Norton-Internet-Security-and-MANY-other/m-p/1156296 )
Kudos0

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Its okay. Glad to find you have connected it to next levels.
Kudos1 Stats

For those experiencing this issue, are you able to login to www.account.norton.com with your account?

VJViktorVJ seems to be able to login to the account via the above link, but not through the product. Is this the case for folks on this thread? I apologize for the follow-up questions; I'm trying to better understand the problems you're seeing. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Tony_Weiss wrote:

For those experiencing this issue, are you able to login to www.account.norton.com with your account?

VJViktorVJ seems to be able to login to the account via the above link, but not through the product. Is this the case for folks on this thread? I apologize for the follow-up questions; I'm trying to better understand the problems you're seeing. Thanks.

I can not sign in in NIS itself.. see my #1 post, I can sign in through that website, no problem.. the thing is, when I go to Norton Management there isn't a device tight to the account, strange thing is if I try to add my PC, it just don't do the job..

Kudos0

In Norton Management I get this first screen that there isn't a device/PC connected to my account

When I want to add my PC to the account, so add device, I get this screen:

It says that I must download NIS, I already have NIS installed so ok, I do that, so i download NIS again, and install it over my installed NIS but it doesn't work...

NIS doesn't see my PC, I can not add this PC to Norton Management..

Kudos1 Stats

ferenzzz wrote:

Tony_Weiss wrote:

I can not sign in in NIS itself.. see my #1 post, I can sign in through that website, no problem.. the thing is, when I go to Norton Management there isn't a device tight to the account, strange thing is if I try to add my PC, it just don't do the job..

The Norton Management issue could be your setting for Remote Management. For your computer to show in Norton Management, this setting needs to be turned ON.  Settings - General - Other Settings.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

The Norton Management issue could be your setting for Remote Management. For your computer to show in Norton Management, this setting needs to be turned ON.  Settings - General - Other Settings.

It's on...

Kudos0

I cannot see the image yet. In the mean time, try turning the setting OFF and restart your computer. Then turn it back ON again and test.

I cannot explain it, but sometimes settings get 'confused', and changing them brings them back in line.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

FIXED, IT'S WORKING NOW:

I downloaded NIS again through norton management I downloaded the NIS downloader, uninstalled my NIS, used ccleaner to del some crap, rebooted, installed the NIS downloader, it installed NIS again, and I can now sign in in NIS UI itself..

**bleep** I'm good..lol..

Kudos0

I wonder if any of the IF's in this Help article reached from Settings on my NIS GUI were not met?

DOCID: v72910774_NIS_Retail_2014_en_us 

I''d love to give the URL but it would fill the page .... and active links don't work with this IE ....

Hugh
Kudos0

@huwyngr 

From this post by elsewhere:

"While posting links to relevant Norton Online Help file documentation is useful when responding to forum member's issues, please be mindful that any Norton Help file links that you post that were directly generated by your installed Norton product will contain specific information about your Norton installation and your software/hardware environment."

EDIT: the post tells also how to create a shorter, "safe" and valid link for posting.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Thanks Rainbow,

The problem in my case is inherent in Lithium's system's failure to react correctly to IE 11 leaving me with the choice of Compataibility view ON and being able to make active links but not able to use Macros or Preview OR having it in default OFF and being able to make active links .....

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.