• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can not uninstall NIS/NAV to install Norton 360

New Compaq  PC came w/Norton INternet Security temp license.  About to expire, so I bought the Norton 360 CD.

BUT

When I try to install this, mmessage reads "uninstall Norton Antivirus first".

Cannot uninstall Norton  I.S. "ANOTHER INSTALLER IS CURRENTLY RUNNING. PLEASE WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETE AND TRY AGAIN".

BUT

Nothing else is currently running.

[edit: Clarify subject.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can not uninstall NIS/NAV to install Norton 360

New Compaq  PC came w/Norton INternet Security temp license.  About to expire, so I bought the Norton 360 CD.

BUT

When I try to install this, mmessage reads "uninstall Norton Antivirus first".

Cannot uninstall Norton  I.S. "ANOTHER INSTALLER IS CURRENTLY RUNNING. PLEASE WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETE AND TRY AGAIN".

BUT

Nothing else is currently running.

[edit: Clarify subject.]

Kudos0

Download and save the Norton Removal Tool to your desktop from over here:
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

NOTE: The Norton removal tool will wipe out any other Norton products installed on your computer, so only use the removal tool if Norton 360 is the only product on your computer.

or  

AppRemover 2.2.11.1

[Removed]

AppRemover fully supports the thorough uninstallation of hundreds of antivirus and antispyware applications. The following support chart is updated with each new release. The chart lists two different types of supported applications. One set has been verified by OPSWAT Labs testing. The other set lists applications that have been reported as supported by the hundreds of thousands of users that have previously downloaded AppRemover. After using AppRemover, please take a moment to answer a few brief questions about the product. Your feedback will greatly improve AppRemover's effectiveness.

In addition, AppRemover may be able to successfully remove other security applications on your system. However, these are not guaranteed.

Use AppRemover:

• When replacing one security application with another
  • When competing security applications tie up your computer
  • When the application's built-in uninstall process fails
  • When you have forgotten the application password  [edit: Please do not direct link to downloads per the  Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]  
  • Kudos0

Can I add that you should reboot after using Norton Removal Tool.

Kudos0

Hello 57Horses

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

Please remove NIS 2011 first using the control panel method and reboot. If the Norton Removal Tool has a problem working, then please try it by booting into safe mode with networking and try it that way. Once NIS is thoroughly removed, then you should be able to install N360 without a problem.

Please come back and let us  know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.