• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Cannot install Norton Family using Norton Download Manager after installing NIS 2012

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone has any solutions to fixing this problem, I get a "Click Retry to continue your install." message and when I click Retry, Norton Download Manager generates the same message.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Cannot install Norton Family using Norton Download Manager after installing NIS 2012

Hi RocknRollTim,

How do  you install Norton Family on the computer, do you download it from the Norton Family website?  Please try the following steps to see if they help.

• Start your browser.
  • Connect to the Norton Family site (https://onlinefamily.norton.com)
  • Click on ‘Sign in’ button.
  • Enter your Norton Family account Email address and Password
  • Click ‘Sign In’
  • In the bottom left corner of the website (near the footer) Click on ‘Download Norton Family’  
  • In the next page loaded, Click on ‘Download’ button.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and install the Norton Family client.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Re: Cannot install Norton Family using Norton Download Manager after installing NIS 2012

Hi Katie,

I've followed instructions as instructed and still Norton Download Manager keeps coming up with the same message, any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

P.S. Norton Internet Security 2005 Antispyware Edition was preinstalled on my laptop as a trial along with Symantec Live Update which I updated to the latest version, Norton Password Manager, Norton Ghost 10 and Norton Security Center, I uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2005 Antispyware Edition and Symantec Live Update as part of the installation for trying Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton Family, do you think any of the other Symantec products are conflicting with the installation of Norton Family?
Kudos0

I didn't post this questions

Kudos0

Hi RocknRollTim,

Can you please try the steps described in the post below to see if they help?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Family/Norton-Safety-Minder-is-not-getting-installed/m-p/624989

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie,

I've tried the steps described in the link and still I'm getting the same message, am I best uninstalling all Norton products and starting again with the installation of NIS 2012 and Norton Family? Also the Norton Family website kept timing out last night after logging in numerous times which was really frustrating but managed to get in after logging in the fourth time.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
Kudos0

Hi RocknRollTim,

I'll be glad to setup a remote session with you.  If you are interested in having one with me, please let me know.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie,

Would it be possible to perform a remote session at 09:00 PM (London time), this would be the only time that would suit me during the week.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim
Kudos0

Hi RocknRollTim, I've sent you a private message. Please check it when you get a chance. Thanks, Katie
Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie,

I'll check it out now.

Thanks,

RocknRollTim

Kudos0

Hi Katie

I have the same problem as Tim. I tried doing this on my son's laptop. It has expired Norton Internet security and don't know what else he has in there!!! Please help. I live in Singapore so not sure how we can time a suitable time for you to do a remote access into the laptop as we have about 12 hours time difference if you are in the US.

Please help.

Jileen

Jileen
Kudos0

Hi Jileen,

Please remove the file as indicated below from the child's PC and download Norton Family again to see if this helps to resolve the issue.   

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Norton\{NF22-B22-4abb-B07C-C084B04B4F12}

Windows 7 : C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton\{NF22-B22-4abb-B07C-C084B04B4F12}

Windows 8: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton\{NF22-B22-4abb-B07C-C084B04B4F12}

Windows Vista: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton\{NF22-B22-4abb-B07C-C084B04B4F12}

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie. I do not have this file in the system. I followed your path but cannot find any.
Jileen
Kudos0

H Jileen,

Can you find the folder as indicated below?  If so, please delete the folder.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Norton

Windows 7 : C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton

Windows 8: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton

Windows Vista: C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi Katie, Thanks. Yes, I managed to download with the help of an IT friend as well. All ok now!

Jileen
Kudos0

I am having the same problem installing Norton Family on my son's computer, and I tried everything you suggested, but it's still not installing.  It keeps telling me that Norton Security isn't up-to-date, but I know it is; I downloaded the Norton Security Suite from Comcast just an hour beforehand.  It's on Windows 7.

Any other thoughts?  Please?

Many thanks in advance!

Kudos0

HI Jileen,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi catedegraaf,

You said "... It keeps telling me that Norton Security isn't up-to-date...".  I assume the "Norton Security" you are referring to is Norton Internet Security product, which is different product from Norton Family.  Updating Norton Internet Security doesn't mean installing Norton Family. 

Please download Norton Family from the Norton Family website.

• Start your browser.
  • Connect to the Norton Family site (https://onlinefamily.norton.com)
  • Click on ‘Sign in’ button.
  • Enter your Norton Family account Email address and Password
  • Click ‘Sign In’
  • In the bottom left corner of the website (near the footer) Click on ‘Download Norton Family’  
  • In the next page loaded, Click on ‘Download’ button.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and install the Norton Family client.
Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.