• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Cannot Uninstall NORTON 2004 Don't have disc

I have a personal laptop that I use for also for my job (have to also work from home to keep up!!).  The laptop Norton 2004 installed on it.  I told my work that I needed to update my virus software and they purchased a newer version of Norton Corporate Edition for me to install.  However, I cannot get it to install because I keep getting an error message stating that I must remove the previous edition that is installed on the computer.  When I try to uninstall, the computer keeps requesting that I insert the disc from the old version, which I cannot find.  How can I work around this problem?  Thank you for any assistance.  Regards, KerrBear

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Cannot Uninstall NORTON 2004 Don't have disc

I have a personal laptop that I use for also for my job (have to also work from home to keep up!!).  The laptop Norton 2004 installed on it.  I told my work that I needed to update my virus software and they purchased a newer version of Norton Corporate Edition for me to install.  However, I cannot get it to install because I keep getting an error message stating that I must remove the previous edition that is installed on the computer.  When I try to uninstall, the computer keeps requesting that I insert the disc from the old version, which I cannot find.  How can I work around this problem?  Thank you for any assistance.  Regards, KerrBear

Kudos0

If you haven't already, please Contact Us for techincal support. This site provides a few different methods of contacting us about issues with removing products. Please let me know if you need more information, or if you've already tried these methods. Thanks!
Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Have you tried the Norton Removal Tool?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

In addition to the Norton Removal Tool, there are also some very good uninstaller programs available that may help locate and remove items left behind by the program uninstaller. Personally, and this is not to be taken as an endorsement, I use a freeware program called Revo Uninstaller and have found it to be a useful utility.
Kudos0

You can download the Norton Removal Tool here: http://www.symantec.com/symnrtMessage Edited by Tony_Weiss on 08-01-2008 01:05 PM

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.