This issue may have happened if you registered two different (non-related) accounts on Web Portal (https://onlinefamily.norton.com). And you used a different account (parent email/password) for installing and connecting Safety Minder to Web Portal from the one you are using now to uninstall or work with the Safety Minder. To resolve this issue, we can try either of the following three approaches:
First: Use the correct email address/password. The one that was used for installing and connecting Safety Minder to Web Portal.
Second: Try the following steps:
1. Login to Web Portal (https://onlinefamily.norton.com)
2. Click Settings and GO to a child's Profile.
3. Under the child's profile, click the link "Remove computer" for the machine you are facing this issue. (If you don't see machine entry here then this parent email/password was not used to install/connect Safety Minder to Web Portal -- In this case, please jump to third approach)
4. Within a minute or two, you will see a "Connect" dialog appearing on the machine with the issue.
5. Now you can use the parent email/password of your choice to connect Safety Minder again. This email/password should should be used for all kinds of authentication on Safety Minder in future.
Third: Uninstall Safety Minder, restart machine, install and connect Safety Minder to Web Portal with right parent email/password. To uninstall Norton Safety Minder without providing email/password, please stop "Norton Online" service and then initiate uninstallation. Please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736564(WS.10).aspx for general information on how to work with a service on Microsoft Windows machines.
If you are experiencing an issue that needs urgent assistance please visit our customer support area:
There are currently 4 users online.