• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can't access many sites since downloading NIS 2010

Running Vista premium 64.  Downloaded NIS 2010 yesterday.  Since then, am unable to open many sites, including your dashboard online games, etc.  Screen freezes, then I get the message "Internet explorer has stopped working."  Soon after, I get another message stating "internet explorer has closed to protect your data."  It seems to be freezing when the java script is running.  Any ideas?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't access many sites since downloading NIS 2010

Hi Worker

Welcome to the Norton Community

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your new product. Do you have any other security programs running at the same time? What security program did you use previously and how was it removed?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Try to reset the Smart Firewall settings.
Kudos0

I previously ran Trendmicro security.  I uninstalled it with the uninstall wizard. 

I had no trouble loading the NIS 2010 program.

Have attempted to access things like the MSN game site with the firewall turned off completely, and the same message  pops up stating that Internet exporer has stopped working, and then that it is shutting down to protect data.

Kudos0

Hello workerB,

You might want to download and run the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit from this link.

It may help remove any leftover remnants of the product. Please be sure to download the tool for Vista 64 bit.

Let us know how you do.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Phil_D wrote:

Hello workerB,

You might want to download and run the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit from this link.

It may help remove any leftover remnants of the product. Please be sure to download the tool for Vista 64 bit.

Let us know how you do.

This would have been my suggesti0n as well. Any other security software installed?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.