• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can't access Norton Account through Norton 360.

I am surprised to find that if I select "Access Norton Account" from the main Norton 360 panel, after opening the web page and firing up the "sign in" screen all I get is an endless show of dots circling.  This seems particularly odd as I can easily log in via the Norton Anti-Theft web page which confirms that I have a current 360 license.

Running Norton 360 V6.0.1.2. under Windows 7 Home Premium and Chrome (17.0.963.56 m).  Norton Tells me that I am fully up to date.

[Edit - seems it is just a Chrome issue as I can get in through the same web address using both IE and Firefox.  Still strange that it works with Chrome from the Norton Anti-Theft site.]

This is not a serious problem as I can access the account in other ways but this does seem odd.  Is anyone else having similar problems (I have tried searching this thread but not found anything)?

Mike

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't access Norton Account through Norton 360.

I am surprised to find that if I select "Access Norton Account" from the main Norton 360 panel, after opening the web page and firing up the "sign in" screen all I get is an endless show of dots circling.  This seems particularly odd as I can easily log in via the Norton Anti-Theft web page which confirms that I have a current 360 license.

Running Norton 360 V6.0.1.2. under Windows 7 Home Premium and Chrome (17.0.963.56 m).  Norton Tells me that I am fully up to date.

[Edit - seems it is just a Chrome issue as I can get in through the same web address using both IE and Firefox.  Still strange that it works with Chrome from the Norton Anti-Theft site.]

This is not a serious problem as I can access the account in other ways but this does seem odd.  Is anyone else having similar problems (I have tried searching this thread but not found anything)?

Mike
Kudos0

Hi Mike

Accessing the Norton account through the product works for me. I changed IE, Firefox, Chrome as my Default Browsers (one by one). Without any trouble i'm able to sign-in.

Kudos0

Thanks for the speedy response Subash.  And thanks for checking.

Given the lack of other comments I thought I might get this sort of reply......

So I wonder what is it about me, that causes it to hang?  Publishable answers only please.

Mike
Kudos0

Hi Mike

Please try the basic things like clearing the DNS cache (ipconfig /flushdns), Deleting the temporary files.

Also did you tried changing the default browser in your computer ?

Kudos0

Thanks again for the speedy help Subash.  However the problem has now gone away.  Not sure why, but it has.

I had closed chrome and tried the other browsers, though not as defaults.  That seemed to make no difference.

However I then had problems using Google Maps in my Chrome browser it ran slower and slower.  Then it complained about "Norton Confidential" and asked if I wished to close it.  Then Chrome froze and had to be closed.  When it came back everything appears to work fine.

So maybe just one of those things.  If it happens again I will try to do a bit more research before posting an update.   Thanks for your help.   :-)

Mike
Kudos0

Anytime...

Kudos0

I too had an issue for a couple of days where I could not log in from the 360 UI. I could get in with no problem if I just navigated to mynortonaccount using Firefox.

I am not sure what fixed it, but a couple of LiveUpdates and computer reboots and everything worked properly again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.