Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Can't block Bing.com or any other website
While testing Norton Online Family, I installed the Safety Monitor on my family PC that has 5 user accounts. The PC has the following configuration:
- Windows XP – SP3
- Internet explorer (ver. 8)
- Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (ver. 80_400_020)
I created 4 accounts for my children, with the following done :
- Web supervision 'Settings->Web' is turned on under Web Site Settings for all of them.
- I entered http://www.bing.com to block the web site, and clicked 'Add To List' and made sure to 'Update Settings' as well.
- After updating the settings in the web portal, from the home PC, I right-clicked the NSM client icon and selected 'Update House Rules' to get the most recent House Rules.
- I also rebooted the PC several times.
Nevertheless, the Bing website continues to open, while other features are working fine, such as, ' Social' and ' Time'.
Why can’t I block the Bing website ?