• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't get/send faxes through Core from HP 8600 all-in-one printer

Help, please.

I'm about 10 hours into tech support setting up the Norton Core with an external USB wi fi adapter needed on my 8 year old laptop.

Now, I finally have the Core network on my laptop but was told to disconnect the HP 8600 all in one printer/fax/scan/copier cable from the Spectrum modem/router and directly into the Core (in order to get the printer on the Core network) HOWEVER, now I cannot receive or send faxes.

Who fixes this? HP or Norton? How is it fixed? Can it be fixed? I'm about to give up after what I've been through for over a week and just send the thing back.

THANK YOU

LG711

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't get/send faxes through Core from HP 8600 all-in-one printer

Can't receive or send faxes.  What problem do you have with faxes? Are they internet faxes or phone faxes?  I have an HP8500 connected to my router but I actually never tried to send a fax but don't know why you couldn't. I tried sending a fax and I got a dial tone but I didn't get a connection because I didn't have another fax to send it to.

Kudos0

Re: Can't get/send faxes through Core from HP 8600 all-in-one printer

As the Core uses different Network IPs than other routers, you may have to uninstall the software on your PCs for your printer and reinstall it to set things up again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.