• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't install CanoScan LiDE 110 driver

When I run sd68-win-lide110-17_0_4-ea24.exe CanoScan LiDE 110 driver file, it stops in the middle of installation progress and gives an error "An error occurred while files were being copied. :0001 0002". After investigating the issue, I found that my Norton Internet Security doesn't allow the driver to modify the windows registry file. I have disabled all Norton features but still antivirus doesn't allow the scanner driver to modify the registry file. Need your solution.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't install CanoScan LiDE 110 driver

It looks like you may have an issue with the compressed file being expanded. Try downloading another copy of the driver file.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I have installed same file from different location and found same issues. I am 100% sure that it's not related with file rather problem in either windows registry or Norton Internet Security doesn't want the driver to change windows registry. I have already checked with Microsoft support team, they told me that my windows registry  have some problem and they will charge 130US$ for one year premium service including solving existing problem.

Kudos0

Before you pay for service, are you sure it is actually Microsoft and not just some service company that will service MS products? There are many scam artists out there. How could they know you have registry problems?

I have installed same file from different location and found same issues.

Are you saying you have downloaded the file from different locations, or you have used the same file on different machines with the same issues? If it is on multiple machines, there definitely sounds like a problem with the file. If it s the same file from different locations, there may be some other issue with your computer.

If you have disabled Norton and the problem still exists, it would seem to indicate that Norton is not involved.

Do you now or have you ever had another security program on your computer? If so, you will have to remove it with the removal tool for that program.

Also, can you verify your operating system.

Kudos0

Dear Peterweb,

Thanks for the mail. Yes, I have downloaded scanner driver file from different locations (USA, UK and ASIA canon site). I have disabled the Norton Internet Security but problem is still persist. I have Kaspersky before installing Norton Internet Security but I uninstall Kaspersky first then install Norton in January, 2014. I have contacted with original Microsoft Support team. At first Microsoft support team have connected my computer tried their best level but failed. So, I am sure that it's Microsoft team not other third party team. I have attached a file for your reference.

Do you know how to repair windows 8.1 registry file. Kindly note I couldn't even update Microsoft patch for last 2/3 months.

Regards,

Shaklain

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Glad to see it is a legitimate MS service. Too many users get caught by scam artists offering service.

You are on Win 8.1, which I have not yet moved to. It still sounds like a problem not related to Norton, as you have disabled it and still have the issue. I would suggest you might want to sign up at bleeping computers and seek some help there. They have the expertise and tools to fix Windows issues. The help is free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

If you use this route, please let us know what is found.

Kudos0

Pardon me jumping in, but did you run the Kaspersky Removal Tool after uninstalling Kaspersky via the Control Panel?   If not it may help to run it now even though KAS is removed.

Kudos0

Thanks, let me do the tasks based on you suggestions.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.