• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

can't install on mac os 10.9.x

I carefully researched before buying my daughter a macbook pro to be sure I could continue using Norton Online Family. It even plainly says this OS is compatible on https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090416105810EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

However, when I log in to my account and go to add device then click on the download button, it comes up and says the device isn't supported. 

Which is correct? Norton Online Family won't work on a macbook pro running 10.9.x or it will? If it will, what do I need to do to get it installed?

Thanks in advance!

Nicole

Replies

Kudos0

Re: can't install on mac os 10.9.x

Hi ginnicsim,

Can you please post a screen shot of the message you receive?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Sure, but it doesn't really tell you a whole lot.

Kudos0

ginnicsim,

Thanks for the information.  Can you please

1. send me your Norton Family account email address by Private Message via the Forum?

2. What browser and version you use when trying to download Norton Family on the mac?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

1) done

2) I tried with Safari 7.0.6 as well as Chrome 37.0.2062.120 

Kudos0

Thanks for the information.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

You're welcome. Any ideas?

Kudos0

Do you have any information about this to follow up with me?

Kudos0

Is there anyone looking into this issue for me? I haven't received any further replies or information in almost a week. 

Thanks,

Nicole

Kudos0

Nicole, did you send Katie a private message with your account email?

Kudos0

Yes, I sure did. She did finally reply to my private message and said she had someone on the team looking into it. I'd appreciate any assistance you could give me (and Katie) toward a fix on this. Right now, my daughter is having to use the MacBook with just on-board parental controls. I had no choice but to give it to her so she could do her schoolwork. The on-board controls are better than nothing, but I don't have nearly the level of control that I have with NOF, and I don't get any reporting. I probably wouldn't have bought a Mac if I'd known I'd have this problem. So please fix! :)

Regards,

Nicole

Kudos0

I’m sorry it took awhile to get back to  you on the matter.  I have been checking with team for confirmation because I wanted to provide accurate information to you as it might be important to you.

As you've probably known, we are in the process of simplifying our portfolio, and exploring ways to streamline our product offerings. As a result, the team has made the decision to discontinue support for Mac on Norton Family.

I apologize for any inconveniences caused.  If you are a premier user and decide not to use the program anymore, please ask for a full refund at  Norton Support Chat at https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-core/current/contact?entsrc=redirect_pubweb 

For more information about this, please check out the link below.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v102122958_EndUserProfile_en_us

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Katie 

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Thanks for getting back to me. I only wish I'd known this before we bought the MacBook Pro. 

Regards,

Nicole

Kudos0

This is an absolute complete and utter pain. I have invested so much in getting to understand Norton Family and how it works. And now my two boys each have a Macbook Air and I no longer have any control. I think it's so irresponsible of you to discontinue support. You do not have parents' or children's interests at heart.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.