Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Can't open vault from Chrome
I can’t get Norton Identity Safe to open in Google Chrome. I am running Windows 10
- I have Identity Safe set up and running in Internet Explorer as a local (not cloud) vault
- If I open the vault from Explorer and click on the tool (gear) icon at the bottom of the Identity Safe window, a new window pops up that says:
- Internet Explorer (default browser): Everything is OK
- Google Chrome: Everything is OK
- If I open Google Chrome, there is no Norton tool bar, but there is Norton icon that says “Antiphishing on” when you hover over it, and a grey Identity Safe icon in the Chrome tool bar. Clicking on that icon opens a drop down menu including the items “Norton Identity Safe”, “Remove form Chrome”, “Hide in Chrome menu”, “Manage Extensions”
- Clicking on “Norton Identity Safe” from that menu does not open the Identity Safe, but rather opens a web page with a screen shot of a browser with a Norton tool bar and a description saying “ to use this extension, you must first add and enable the Norton Security Toolbar extension on Chrome.”
- Clicking on “Manage Extensions”, the list of Norton extensions includes Norton Identity Safe 220.127.116.11, Norton Identity Safe 1.0.5, and Norton Security Toolbar 2017.12.0.5 (I have re-installed/updated the extensions a number of times). Both Identity Safe 1.0.5 and Norton Security Toolbar are enabled and Norton Identity Safe 18.104.22.168 is not.
- If I enable Norton Identity Safe 22.214.171.124 and de-Enable Norton Identity Safe 126.96.36.199 and then click on the Norton Identity Safe icon in the Chrome toolbar, a window pops up that says “Your Vault is locked, Sign in to your Morton Identity Safe Vault to unlock it”, and a button labeled Open Vault.
- If I click the Open Vault button, a new Chrome tab opens that says “No Vault detected. To use Norton Identity Safe, you must create a Vault. Click Create Vault to get started.” and a button that says Create Vault. Since I have a vault set already up from Explorer, I want to use this vault and not create a new one
- If I now go back to Explorer, open the vault and click on the tool icon (gear) at the bottom of the window, the Browsers Extensions now shows Google Chrome: Extension disabled Install Extension. Pressing this install extension is how I got the Norton Identity Safe 1.0.5 extension installed in Chrome. The 188.8.131.52 version was installed from within Chrome
- So enabling either the 1.0.5 or 184.108.40.206 does not create the desired behavior of a single common vault accessible from both Chrome and Explorer