• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Can't open vault from Firefox 58.0

I have installed Firefox Android version 58,0 and added the Norton Identity Safe 5.2.0.19 Add-on. From the Firefox menu I am able to access the Norton Identity Safe menu selection; however, the extension never loads. This is the same for both of my android devices. Back to the drawing board?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't open vault from Firefox 58.0

I do not see FF version 58 in the Google Play Store here in Canada. Are you using a beta version? If so, there is no guarantee that the Norton extension would work properly.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.48 / NSBU 22.14.0.54 / Norton Core v.237 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

If rebooting both devices is nothing more than turning it off and back on again, the issue persists. The display shows a loading icon with the Norton symbol in the lower right quadrant that never completes.

Kudos0

Rebooting would be a restart or complete power down. Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing if you'd be so kind. Here is how: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.48 / NSBU 22.14.0.54 / Norton Core v.237 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

Thank you for your interest in identifying this issue. Here is the screenshot of  FireFox 58.0 attempting to load the Norton Identity Safe extension:

The loading icon is persistent without any error messages being generated. Hope the picture is worth a thousand words because all I can come up with in description is that it just doesn't work.

Kudos0

N0AGX Check your device settings, see if you have it restricted to not allow apps from untrusted or other sources. If that isn't the case best advice is to remove the extension you now have and install the version PRIOR to this extension. Let us know if this corrects the issue. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norton-identity-safe/versions/?page=1#version-5.1.1.2

Cheers

Kudos0

Did you ever have the ID Safe working with FF on Android? I just tried to set it up on my HTC on Android 4.4.2 with FF 57.x. I did not even get to a login screen to start signing into my Norton Account. I get the same screen in your screenshot.

Kudos1 Stats

I just got my update to FF 58 for Android. I still see the same issue trying to access ID Safe.

I'll pass this thread to my mobile Norton contacts.

Kudos0

UPDATE

I have heard from the ID Safe team and they have confirmed that there is no support for an ID Safe extension in mobile versions of FF.  At this time, there is no plan to add this kind of support.

I know it appears you can install it, and it appears in the FF menu. Norton is going to work on the necessary changes to stop this confusion.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.