• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't update to 16.5.0.135

I had NIS 2009 Greek 16.5.0.135 installed on my PC. I visited the Norton Update Center which prompted me to update to a new version. I did so. What happened was that my Greek-language installation was removed and NIS 2009 English-language 16.0.0.125 was installed. I removed it using the Norton Removal Tool and installed my Greek-language installation from the CD-ROM. The problem is that it is stuck in 16.0.0.125. I run LiveUpdate every now and then, with no results. Another issue is that I can't install the hotfix so I can have Norton Toolbar on Firefox because the hotfix requires NIS 16.5.0.135 to run. I would be grateful if someone could help me with this...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"Philip K. Dick

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can't update to 16.5.0.135

Can you see your country or location in the following page?

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat1/ec_main.entry25?page=HHO-GlobalStoresMap&client=Symantec&sid=49997&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

If you can select the location, then on the left pane, you may be able to find a link for trialwares. From there you can download the latest version of your NIS 09 product.

Vineeth--

Kudos0

I checked the link, selected the Greek site, but what it has to offer is 15-day trialware. I have bought NIS 2009. I can't see any reason to install trialware. Upgrade to 16.5.0.135 should be done through the LiveUpdate and it's just isn't happening. God, I don't want to

use Internet Explorer ever again!

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"Philip K. Dick
Kudos0

That is a good news!!! (Where did you find that link? I did not see Greece in that )

When you download and install the trialware, you would be getting the latest version, that means the 16.5 version. Once you install the trialware, you can see a subscribe option at the bottom (don't know the option for a Greek version, in English it is Subscribe Now). Click on Subscribe Now, it will ask you to enter your product key or renewal code. Then enter your product key for NIS 09 and proceed with the onscreen instructions. This will activate your product and you will get the remaining subscription.

Vineeth--

Kudos0

Thanks! I'll try that. Have a nice day...
Kudos0

Can you please wait for some time? I think the trailware available there is an English version. Let me find out the correct link for you. I apologize.

Vineeth--

Kudos1 Stats

Can you try the following link?

http://spftrl.digitalriver.com/pub/symantec/2004/NIS09GK.exe

I think this is the greek version.

Or you can use the following Knowledge Base Article.

http://www.symantec.com/el/gr/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=&docurl=20090813085841GR

I hope this document is in your language

Vineeth--Message Edited by Vineeth on 08-14-2009 11:06 AM
Kudos0

OK. Thanks once more. I 'll try that right away.
Kudos0

Vineeth, everything is OK now. Thanks to you...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.