• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos3 Stats

Congratulations on Norton Internet Security 2010, symantec

Hi, Everyone,

I'd just like to say "well done" to symantec for N.I.S. 2010; it is a really good Product.  While I would like to see one or two bits-and-bobs added, I would like to say "congratulations" on:

- the Default Norton Background on the Main User Interface.

- better s.O.N.A.R. Protection, which I hope to see being Updated at least once every two weeks to get all the Latest Threat Behavioural Activities.

- pushing Norton AntiSpam Definitions out Daily.

- the yellow and black Scan and Norton LiveUpdate animations; really love that.

- adding the "Download Intelligence" to Detect Fake "Products" and Programs.

- giving more advanced protection: Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention, Smart Firewall.

- the improved Detection Rate.

- making the Norton Product light on the system, although, I understand that there are a few Bugs to be sorted out regarding this.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Congratulations on Norton Internet Security 2010, symantec

Did you install NIS 2010 OVER your previous version or did you uninstall and use the Norton removal tool BEFORE installing NIS 2010?

Joe

Kudos0

Re: Congratulations on Norton Internet Security 2010, symantec

bulajap wrote:

Did you install NIS 2010 OVER your previous version or did you uninstall and use the Norton removal tool BEFORE installing NIS 2010?

Joe

Hi, bulajap,

If you mean "OVER" as in letting the Norton 2010 Installer un-install then install the Norton Product, then yes, that's the way I did it; the Norton 2010 Installer will un-install your previous Norton Product, however, if you are using Norton 360 and wish to Install N.I.S. 2010, then I would recommend un-installing via "Add or Remove Programs", so that your Identity Safe is Saved, Re-Start, then once the computer is Loaded-Up, use the Norton Removal Tool, Re-Start, then Install the Norton 2010 Product; hope this helps; if this does not, please Start your own Thread.  Thanks.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.