• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Core Firmware Update 12/5

It appears that there is a Core firmware update today, 12/5.

I don't see any notes about it in the firmware update thread.

I tried to reboot my core, but it did not update automatically.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Core Firmware Update 12/5

Hello I have not seen a fresh update today so you may be just now getting the latest. What version is showing in your app? The latest I know of should be version 213 : https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7733231#comment-7733231

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" Windows 10 Professional x 64 Fall Creators Update version 1709 / build 16299.125 / NSBU 22.11.2.7 Traditional / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

As @SoulAsylum says, at this time the current firmware version is v213. It may just have been pushed to you today instead. Sorry for the confusion.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Here is my confusion:

on 12/2 the firmware update thread said the latest update was released on 12/2. I got that update on my core on 12/3, it was 213.

Today, 12/5, the firmware update thread says the latest update is released today, 12/5. That is the date on the thread title of the latest firmware update , however, there is no text in the thread about any 12/5 update.

I am just asking the people who manage that thread to make sure they put information about a released firmware update in the thread message on the day they update the title of the thread showing a new firmware update.

If there really is a 12/5 firmware update, it will probably be pushed out tonight when we all are sleeping.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello TheBearToo

I just had a look at the announcement for the firmware. I saw that Gayathri edited the Announcement from Dec. 1. If there was a new firmware, it would get a whole new post with the date, the firmware number along with the notes.. I did see where you might have gotten confused.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.2.7 Core 213 I E 11
Kudos0

Yes, I see now. thanks. How do I put this to bed?

It is resolved.

Kudos0

How do I put this to bed?

Just look at the post that provided the solution and just below it you will see a link for Mark as Solution beside the Reply link. Click that to mark that post.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I only see Reply and Notify A Moderator.

Don't see Mark as Solution and I am logged in.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello TheBearToo This thread was not created as "needing a solution". Therefore cannot have any post mark it as solved. If you are satisfied you have the correct answer those seeing the thread will still be able to see the solution as it was progressed to just the same. Hope that explains things a bit better for you. Merry Christmas.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" Windows 10 Professional x 64 Fall Creators Update version 1709 / build 16299.125 / NSBU 22.11.2.7 Traditional / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

I updated the thread to allow for a solution. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thanks