• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Could Not Start Scan Scan Engine Returned Error 0x20000046

Dear Friends,

Greetings from Bombay, India.

I am an Indian Catholic Christian of Portuguese Descent from the Former Portuguese Colony of Goa on the South West Coast of India.

I have Symantec Anti- Virus i think 2006 on my Windows XP PC and i have been having problems with regard to its scanning ability over the last 2 hours.

someone please help anyone as i cannot understand what is going on at all !!!!

Regards and Thanks in Advance,

Message Edited by domout on 12-16-2008 11:56 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Could Not Start Scan Scan Engine Returned Error 0x20000046

Dear Friends,

Greetings from Bombay, India.

I am an Indian Catholic Christian of Portuguese Descent from the Former Portuguese Colony of Goa on the South West Coast of India.

I have Symantec Anti- Virus i think 2006 on my Windows XP PC and i have been having problems with regard to its scanning ability over the last 2 hours.

someone please help anyone as i cannot understand what is going on at all !!!!

Regards and Thanks in Advance,

Message Edited by domout on 12-16-2008 11:56 AM
Kudos0

If you have a valid subscription, then download the version upgrade from here.

With a valid subscription you are alway available to download the latest product version, by now it's 2009.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

<< I have Symantec Anti- Virus i think 2006 on my Windows XP PC and i have been having problems with regard to its scanning ability over the last 2 hours. >>

Firstly it is important if we are to help you to know what version you have -- look at Help / About and give the version number there which looks like nn.nn.nn.nn Whether you can free upgrade to 2009 does depend on having the 2006 version or later.

Secondly we can't help you unless you tell us what it is about its scanning ability that you do not understand and regard as a problem.

Until you clear up any technical problems I would not upgrade without completely removing the old version but we will help you with that if it is necessary.

Hugh
Kudos0

Domout,

I think, you are using Corporate/Enterprise Edition of Symantec product since the name you mentioned in your post as Symantec AntiVirus. You won't get free upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2009 (Consumer Product) for your Symantec AntiVirus 2006(Enterprise Edition). Also, the Consumer product (NAV 2009) cannot co-exist along with Corporate Product(SAV 2006)

Refer to the instructions in this Symantec Support Article for Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, which has the error you mentioned.

You may have to post the same in Symantec Enterprise forum (http://forums.symantec.com) for getting more information on errors related to Enterprise product- Symantec AntiVirus.

Yogesh

Message Edited by yogesh_mohan on 12-16-2008 09:50 PM

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.