Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Deleting online backup files/folders
I'm trying to delete file(s) from a previous backup. I've encountered difficulties. Here's what I've done to date:
1) Uninstall Norton 360 Premier Edition.
2) Re-install Norton 360 Premier Edition.
3) Re-establish the link between my computer and the existing online backup.
4) Navigate to the folder to be deleted in Windows Explorer via My Computer + Norton Backup Drive + backupset-name + C: + Documents and Settings + ...etc. and then point to the folder to be deleted, right-clicking, and picking Delete from the popup menu.
5) After a delay (something is happening over the Internet), I get the generic error messsage "Error: There is a backup problem. Make sure the destination drive or device is connected and then try again".
Clearly, I was able to navigate the filesystem, it is connected.
6) Restart Windows.
7) Run LiveUpdate.
8) Repeat steps 4 and 5 with a different folder(s).
9) Post this request to the Norton Forums.
Of particular interest is the fact that I have 23.3 GB of 25 GB allocated, and the folder I am trying to delete has 255MB allocated within it.
Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
(I tried to post a .jpeg of the error message, and the forum booted my attempted post out, claiming.jpeg is not a supported filetype. I then had to re-type this post. I had a similar experience recently, and it hasn't been fixed yet. Doubly not cool).
(The underlining text effect was removed prior to posting. Triply not cool. Whose running your railroad?)