• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Direct link to 17.6.0.32 installer?

I fell back to 16.8.0.41 (NIS 09).  Is there a direct line to the 17.6.0.32 (NIS 10) installer to save trouble rolling forward?

For that matter, is there a direct link to the 16.8.0.41 installer, just in case?

Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Direct link to 17.6.0.32 installer?

I fell back to 16.8.0.41 (NIS 09).  Is there a direct line to the 17.6.0.32 (NIS 10) installer to save trouble rolling forward?

For that matter, is there a direct link to the 16.8.0.41 installer, just in case?

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello Mark_Kratzer

Here is a link to NIS. I'm not sure if the latest update is on there yet. It may be one update behind. 

You can download 2010 NIS from here

http://www.norton.com/nis10

Please remember to run live update after install to make sure all updates are received and then please reboot.

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot's link shows it is still the 17.5 version. I suggest you usse that and then run LiveUpdate at least a couple of times with a reboot in between until you get a fully uptodate message and check Help / About as you go.

If you've been having problems you may want to do a clean install but if you have settings like Identity Safe you want to transfer then tell the installation routine as you go that you want to transfer settings.

AntiSpam works differently now so it won't do more than keep your address book entries.

Hugh
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Mark_Kratzer

You asked is there a direct link to the 16.8.0.41 installer, just in case?

I sub'd 09    seems to work

http://www.symantec.com/redirects/norton/norton_com/nis09/

Cheers

bjm_

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Mark Kratzer,

Bjm_'s link still holds 16.5.0.135 version. Kindly Run Live Update until you see there are no more updates. Couple of reboots are required while doing live update (when prompted) to get latest version, 16.8. However as all suggested it is recommended to move to latest version 17.6. Let us know how this goes.

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

ganesh0630 wrote:

Hi Mark Kratzer,

Bjm_'s link still holds 16.5.0.135 version. Kindly Run Live Update until you see there are no more updates. Couple of reboots are required while doing live update (when prompted) to get latest version, 16.8.

[ ... ] 

Thanks.

ganesh,

I've suggested rebooting even if not asked since I and some others have encountered not being asked, not showing the change in Help / About and yet updated after the next roboot -- in my case after overnight shutdown and restart next morning.

FWIW

Hugh
Kudos0

I will probably give 17.6.0.32 2-3 more weeks of public use before attempting to upgrade.  In the past, NIS10 has proved quite problematic for me, but possibly this latest release has cured the most severe problems.

Kudos0

Hi Huwyngr,

Yeah, you are correct. Product needs a reboot to update itself to latest version (say 17.5 to 17.6). In most of the conditions product will provide options like "Restart Now". But rebooting even when it is not asked will help users only when all contents required for latest version is downloaded completely via Live Update.

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

PSteinberger
Kudos0

Do you happen to know the link to the localized dutch version, if any? thx

Kudos0

Grumpster wrote:

Do you happen to know the link to the localized dutch version, if any? thx

It's over here, but still version 17.5:

http://www.symantec.com/redirects/norton/nl/nis10/

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

That was superfast :-)  Ill wait till they update. Thx a lot anyway

Kudos0

P. Steinberger,

Thanks.  At least that will make re-upgrading to NIS10 on my 4 systems faster.

Wish I could also get an installer for 16.8.0.41.

I don't know why Symantec cannot just have a page listing various different installers.  When I downgraded to NIS09, it was very time consuming due to the old installer and the many updates/reboots.  Oh, well ...

Kudos0

There is a problem with the first address I gave to update NIS2010. Here is another address.

http://updatecenter.norton.com/manually.ftl?NUCLANG=en

PSteinberger

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.