• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Does N360v5 have any issues with IE9?

Before I get IE9. Are there any issues at all? That be the top question I have.

I can not wait to see a real fix for Paint Shop Pro 12 and N360v5.  I am NOT touching what was said in the write up. Not turning this off . . .turning this on and so on to make Paint Shop Pro 12 to work. Will wait for a real fix. I miss using Paint Shop Pro 12. Have not used it since a couple of months ago. Waaaaaa !!!!!

Anyone notice the new update to Google Chrome. In the About Chrome . . . . Shows Unknown next to the version.

Have a great weekend to all !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bike Mike2002 Olympic TorchbearerMultiple Sclerosis Cyclist since 1990IBM Desktop ThinkCentre, Vista SP2, 32bit, IE 8, FF 3.6, Norton 360 v5.1.0.29, Chrome 11.0.696.68, Paint Shop Pro 12.50 and Adobe 10, 3 GB memory

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Does N360v5 have any issues with IE9?

Before I get IE9. Are there any issues at all? That be the top question I have.

I can not wait to see a real fix for Paint Shop Pro 12 and N360v5.  I am NOT touching what was said in the write up. Not turning this off . . .turning this on and so on to make Paint Shop Pro 12 to work. Will wait for a real fix. I miss using Paint Shop Pro 12. Have not used it since a couple of months ago. Waaaaaa !!!!!

Anyone notice the new update to Google Chrome. In the About Chrome . . . . Shows Unknown next to the version.

Have a great weekend to all !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bike Mike2002 Olympic TorchbearerMultiple Sclerosis Cyclist since 1990IBM Desktop ThinkCentre, Vista SP2, 32bit, IE 8, FF 3.6, Norton 360 v5.1.0.29, Chrome 11.0.696.68, Paint Shop Pro 12.50 and Adobe 10, 3 GB memory
Kudos0

Hi,

IE 9 and latest Norton 360 version (5.0) work fine together. No error between the two.

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

That is not correct! IE( 9 and Norton 360 v 5 are not working well. For instance, it is already known that IE9 and version 5 of Norton 360 are incompatible, in a sence that Norton toolbar doesn't work with IE 9 on 64 bit PC. Now, with 32 bit IE9, Norton toolbar sometimes work and soemtimes it doesn't. Thats why Symantec need to release two patches, , one for IE 9 and the other for FF 4.01.

Kudos0

Bobcat1 wrote:

That is not correct! IE( 9 and Norton 360 v 5 are not working well. For instance, it is already known that IE9 and version 5 of Norton 360 are incompatible, in a sence that Norton toolbar doesn't work with IE 9 on 64 bit PC.

64-bit browsers do not supported by any security products: McAfee, F-Secure, etc., incl. Norton as well. This is because of many plugins (like Adobe Flash) do not have a released (not beta) plugin for 64-bit IE. And until they are not done, it is unnecessary to develop the plugins. Without flash average user can not use the internet's most pages including youtube, amazon, etc.

Now, with 32 bit IE9, Norton toolbar sometimes work and soemtimes it doesn't.

That mostly happens because of a bad update from an old version product to 5.0. It can be solved by a Norton Removal Tool cleaning.

I use 64-bit windows, and never had any problem with IE and Norton products.

Kudos0

HI . . . . . I got the new program update 51029 for norton 360 version 5. I know I read that be no issues between norton 360 version 5 and IE 9. Had to be sure. Know what I mean. Not with all the bugs I have been hearing and reading.  I will download IE9 very soon. But I like IE8 .Just got use to it.

Man . . . everytime I get use to a program. A update comes out.

he-he-he-he-he!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE !!!

Kudos0

Norton 360 Premier does NOT work with IE9.  I have 4 PCs that are all running 360. I upgraded to IE9 on all 4 and have had nothing but problems since. Forget managing the "add-ons" in IE9, it does not help much. The issue is in opening the internet for the first time or in opening a new tab. I experience over a minute in delays to open a new tab (after minimzing add-ons), lock-ups, problems with Microsoft Office 2010 and the internet , etc. I have now uninstalles the IE9 update using "Programs and Features" and reverted back to IE8. Everything now works perfectly AGAIN! NO, NORTON 360 DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH IE9! Lots of fixes are needed.

Kudos0

Hi,

can you please tell us which Norton 360 version do you have on your machine?

Also if you updated to version 5, how did you do the update? Did you run the Norton Removal Tool?

Kudos0

Thanks. I am using 360 Premiere Edition. My OS is Vista 32-bit on all 4 PCs. I updated via the purchased DVD. Note, I did use the removal tool as an error occurred recently, a couple of weeks after installing IE9.

Kudos0

Sorry, I am using version 5.

Kudos0

Reverting back to IE8 and the internet pages just pop, like before.

Kudos0

Boy, I should be more specific, sorry. I am using V5 of Norton 360 Premiere, Vista Home Premium OS 32-bit, on an HP 3 GB PC, with a 64 X 2 dual core processor 6000+ 3 GHz., with all Windows upgrades and other software current.,

Kudos0

The latest installer package has been updated on the norton sites, please try to install the product with that.
Here are the steps:
1. If you use the feature, please backup your Identity Safe data (Settings -> Identity Protection -> Backup)
2. Download latest Norton 360 installer:
- www.norton.com/n360s_5 Standard with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360p_5 Premier with 25GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360sne_5 Standard Netbook Edition with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360pne_5 Premier Netbook Edition with 25GB Online Storage
- for other languages than English please go to the Norton Update Center: www.norton.com/nuc
3. Download Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
4. Disconnect from internet
5. Remove Norton 360 from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
6. Reboot
7. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot (repeat it 2-3 times)
8. Install Norton 360 version 5 with the downloaded installer
9. Reconnect to the internet
10. Activate Norton 360 version

11. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
12. Restore your Identity Safe data (Settings ->Identity Protection -> Restore)

You can check how the Norton Removal Tool works in this video.

Let us know the results.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.