• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Downgrade from Norton 360 to Norton Security Standard

My Norton 360 license is running out. I am being offered upgrade to Norton Security Premium. But I am using Norton on single Windows 7 box and I do not need extra features of the Premium product. So instead of upgrading I want to downgrade to Norton Security Standard. Can I buy Norton Security Standard and apply license key to existing Norton 360 ? Or do I need to uninstall 360 and then install Norton Security Standard from fresh ? Removing Norton products has had bad reputation (potentially crashing Windows) and I would rather avoid this step. Regards - Piotr

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Downgrade from Norton 360 to Norton Security Standard

Hello

If you would prefer uninstalling the N360 first, then do that and restart your computer. If you are sure you want Norton Security Standard,  then get that product. Be sure to enter your correct email address and password so that it can be downloaded to your account also. Please run Live Update a few times and restart when requested. When all finished with installation, restart once more. Remember to use a Windows Administrator Account when doing the uninstall and the re-install processes. Also please go over the Settings for the program.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

The first question is are you using the backup feature of 360? If so, you will need to get the Premium version of Norton Security if you wish to keep using backup. 

If you do not need the backup, you can purchase a NS Standard product but you would need to remove 360 and install the NS Standard on your system. A Standard product key will not activate a 360 product.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello, thank you both for your replies. No, I am not using the backup feature.

@floplot: I am not sure I understand your "if" - obviously I do not prefer uninstalling N360. Does your answer mean that if I do NOT uninstall N360 first and instead install NS Standard with successive Live Updates they will do the dirty job for me - getting rid of N360 remnants safely ?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.