• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos4 Stats

Easy upgrade path from NIS2014 needed

I work for one of the larger computer store chains in Western Australia.

I am always pushing NIS to our customers and installing NIS onto our new PC builds. I have recently received new stock on NIS 2014, only to find out that when I sell this with future PCs they are going to be stuck with a discontinued product for a year.

I understand that NIS 2014 is still a fully functional product, but how am I going to explain to the customer why I'm selling something that's been discontinued with their brand new PC?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Easy upgrade path from NIS2014 needed

Same here. When I talk to the Norton Support, they said it's not possible to convert any unused & unactivated NIS licenses to NS licenses. I think this decision is a huge mistake made by Norton. I believe we should stop promoting Norton from now onwards.

Kudos0

After contacting support I was also told that it's not possible to convert any unused & unactivated NIS licenses to NS licenses and that the only way to upgrade (not an upgrade in my book) is to pay the full price for the new product. I have decided that it is finally time to end my relationship with Norton and all other Symantec products that I have purchased over the years. I am now researching other security products and may go with a free product such as AVG or Avast! Goodbye Norton. 

Kudos0

Norton's response is giving the one-finger salute to people who have purchased the previous version, particularly multiple licenses to support clients. No "one year from now" or "two years from now", rather it's "now". There are plenty of competitors, but don't mention their names here or you'll get your comment pulled from the "community".

Kudos0

... but don't mention their names here or you'll get your comment pulled from the "community".

I don't think that will happen, I've never seen posts removed for mentioning competitors before. 

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I just mentioned three competitors in a post on this NS board. My thread is still there.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.