• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

ERROR 1005 : I can't installa Norton Secure VPn on my tablet

Hello,

I have a Tablet Android ARCHOS 101d Neon, android version 4.4.2

I managed to install Norton Mobile but I can't install Secure VPN.

I managed to download it.

Norton support doesn't know and their engineers don't know neither.

I have the following error : 1005 : it says we were not able to configure your subscriptions becasue of a system error, please try again (translated from french to english)

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, tried several other wifi networks as well, didn't help

Thanks for your help

Replies

Kudos0

Re: ERROR 1005 : I can't installa Norton Secure VPn on my tablet

If Norton Support could not help, it is possible it is just a device specific issue. 

Did you purchase/download Secure VPN from a link in your Norton Account, or directly from Google Play? 

Have you restarted your device after installing Secure VPN?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks Peterweb. I downladed Secure VP from Google play directly. Yes, I have restarted my tablet.

Shall I raise the issue to the tablet manufacturer ?

Kudos0

You downloaded the app from Google Play, but who did you pay? Google Play Store, or Norton directly?

We need a little more troubleshooting before we can say it is a device issue. 

Kudos0

When you download the app from Google play, you don't have to pay, as after installing it Norton Secure VPn app is somehow I guess trying to retrieve your subscrition rights from your Norton Account.

So yes I paid directly Norton.

Kudos0

So have you purchased the Norton Secure VPN from Norton? Do you have a Norton Account set up for your other products? Did you pay for your Norton Mobile Security subscription to Norton? 

Kudos0

Yes

Yes

Yes

Kudos0

Error 1005 was recognised a long time ago. Is this issue related to an old program on google play store?

I purchased this product AGAIN i had these issues before so why doesnt Norton prevent access to the program if it wont work on the consumers devices.

I have requested a refund because this has not been fixed and it has gone on for far too long. i have valid subscription and the program just sends a link to the device to enable a download from the Play store. Question is - it is out of date and Norton is unaware

Kudos0

nohopingnorton

Question is - it is out of date and Norton is unaware

I just checked the Google Play Store and  new version was released yesterday.  ver 4.4.1.4335

The same error codes can be found at any time in the lifecycle of the app. It is not a time sensitive issue. 

I purchased this product AGAIN i had these issues before so why doesnt Norton prevent access to the program if it wont work on the consumers devices.

There is some protection for this kind of issue. I have seen notices in Google Play that an app is not compatible with my device.

AnnickDepret

If you have a valid subscription with Norton I would suggest contacting Norton Support to see if they can see any issues with the account being accessed by your devices.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Please let us know what they find.

Kudos0

Thank you Peter Web

Answer from Norton Support :

Anil:  Annick, I would like to inform you that Norton VPN is not compatible with Android version 4.4.2

You need to upgrade it for Android version 5 and above.

Does it make sense to you guys ?

Kudos0

Does it make sense? It might. Looking at the Android requirement in Google Play, it notes the Android version required varies by device. So it is hard for a user to determine. 

Having said that, I have an older HTC phone on Android 4.4.2 and Secure VPN works fine. 

Let's try one more reinstall. But this time, start by going into Android Settings - Apps and find the Norton Secure VPN. Tap on that and then tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data. Then tap on uninstall. Restart your device and then reinstall the app and see how it goes.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.