• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Error 3048,3

Whilst using Chrome to search for a book, I was directed to Amazon I always check that the link is Norton verified with the green tick.  Whilst looking at this book on Amazon, error 3048,3 appeared but no fix was found.  I decided to bring up Norton to do a scan but Norton had disappeared from my start up menu.  I have saved the Norton bootable recover tool to a flash drive and restarted the computer  with flash drive inserted as directed.  Apparently the computer should then start in bootable recovery but it does not.  This is the first time I have had this problem so I am floundering a little.  The Norton icon is still on the desktop and on clicking on it, it tells me that all definitions are up to date.

Advice please.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Re: Error 3048,3

Hi Freddles,

The following is the suggested fix for Error 3048, 3:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v63747322_End...

Kudos0

Thank you for responding Norton Fighter, I had already completed the first part of your advice, but ran it again, switched off , on again and lo & behold the Norton icon is back in my start up menu. :-)

Just as a matter of interest what is error 3048,3?  And would it have occurred regardless of the site I was on?

Kudos0

Freddles:

Thank you for responding Norton Fighter, I had already completed the first part of your advice, but ran it again, switched off , on again and lo & behold the Norton icon is back in my start up menu. :-)

Just as a matter of interest what is error 3048,3?  And would it have occurred regardless of the site I was on?

These 3048 3 error messages can appear during program installation, while a Symantec-related software program (eg. Norton AntiVirus) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 3048 3 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.

The immediate cause of Norton Error 3048 3 error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

The above is a generic description of the error and as you can see numerous different events could trigger the error, so chances are it is something that occurred with Norton and may or may not been attributed to the specific site.

Sorry I do not have more specific info.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.