• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Error: 8504, 104

I am running N360 v.5 on my Vista HP laptop.

I have tried setting up different back-ups for different types of files, to run at different times. No matter what I try, the online back-ups NEVER complete & I am presented with the above Error message approximately once a week, as well as the icon in the Notification area having a permanent '!' exclamation mark.

Despite following all the recommended steps, this always results in a need to re-install N360, which is becoming somewhat tedious.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Error: 8504, 104

I am running N360 v.5 on my Vista HP laptop.

I have tried setting up different back-ups for different types of files, to run at different times. No matter what I try, the online back-ups NEVER complete & I am presented with the above Error message approximately once a week, as well as the icon in the Notification area having a permanent '!' exclamation mark.

Despite following all the recommended steps, this always results in a need to re-install N360, which is becoming somewhat tedious.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello ukdeejay

That particular error can be caused by a possible malware infection or an installation problem. In order to help ensure you get the correct help please contact support by going to this link. Once there initiate a chat session or use the telephone option.

Kudos0

Thanks, Wesley. I'll get in touch with Support.

Kudos0

Hi

If having any issue with Norton 360 v 4.0. Please go through the given web link and follow the below steps and fix the issue. If still not working please contact support  toll free number (800-745-6061)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=20091217150254EN&lg=english&ct=united+states&product=home&version=1&pvid=f-home&entsrc=redirect_pubweb

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.