• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Error when logging into Norton 360 Identity Vault

Just recently, I've been having problems with the Norton 360 Identity Vault. Whenever I try to log onto my Norton account through Norton 360, it keeps on saying that I have the wrong credentials for the log in page. Just to test to make sure I had the right credentials, I went to www.mynortonaccount.com to check and I entered the exact same username and password and I got to my account. Then I opened the identity safe log-ins I've saved through the website and it worked again. However, I tried the exact same username and password through Norton 360 and keeps telling me that that is the wrong credentials. I've tried restarting the computer and reinstalling Norton 360 and nothing is working. Please help me!!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Error when logging into Norton 360 Identity Vault

Just recently, I've been having problems with the Norton 360 Identity Vault. Whenever I try to log onto my Norton account through Norton 360, it keeps on saying that I have the wrong credentials for the log in page. Just to test to make sure I had the right credentials, I went to www.mynortonaccount.com to check and I entered the exact same username and password and I got to my account. Then I opened the identity safe log-ins I've saved through the website and it worked again. However, I tried the exact same username and password through Norton 360 and keeps telling me that that is the wrong credentials. I've tried restarting the computer and reinstalling Norton 360 and nothing is working. Please help me!!!!

Kudos0

AlexanderBooher wrote:

Hi AlexanderBooher,

Just to verify I understand what you are saying. 

1.  You can log into your Norton Account via the URL for Norton Account.
  2.  You can log into your ID Safe using the Vault Button on the Norton Toolbar.
  3.  You can not however log into ID Safe using the "Log in to Identity Safe"  Configure(+) under  Settings > Identity Protection within N 360.

First of all, logging into Norton Account and logging into the ID Safe online vault requires two (normally) different passwords.

Before getting too far into this, please verify what I said above is correct (if not correct me) and answer the following questions.

What version of N 360 are you using?  Support > About

If you are using 20.1.1.2, how did you upgrade to the latest version - over install or remove and reinstall of new N 360?

The upgrade method will determine if we are talking bout a Local and an Online Vault or just an online vault.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

I just talked to Norton Support & there is an issue with one of their servers.  They are doing maintenance on it & expect it to be back online within the next 24 hours.

Kudos0

You are partially correct. The Vault will only work when I log into my Norton Account and then open the program through my Norton Account entitled "Identity Safe Vault". If I try to log onto my Norton Account through my toolbar it will come up as an error and if I try logging into my Vault through Norton 360, it will also come up as an error due to invalid credentials. I know I have the right passwords for the Norton Account and the Vault so that is not a problem. I do know that I have the most recent version on Norton 360 as I have just updated it by downloading the newest version from the Norton website.

Basically, the only way I can access my log-ins is by manually logging into my Norton account through the www.norton.com website. I am unable to open my vault through the toolbar or Norton 360 program.

If you have any suggestions at all, I would truly appreciate it since my whole life's passwords are saved on this vault and I would much appreciate easier access to it rather than logging onto the www.norton.com website each time.

Thank-you for your help,

Alexander Booher

Kudos0

I am also experiencing these issues too. This problem started for me when I updated to the new version of Norton. I.E It changed from "Identity Safe" to "Identity Vault"

This issue seems to occur only when I am using Chrome and not firefox or IE.

This issue does not occur when I'm log into an administrators account.

Unfortunately I do my day to day business in a non admin account.

I have tried reinstalling everything and disabling all addons (except norton), but issue is still there.

Kudos0

AlexanderBooher wrote in a previous post:
" Followup: I went only to MyNortonAccount.com account. When I clicked on the link for Norton Identity Safe and entered y online password, it WAS able to load my logins and passwords.  And they also show up in my Android app."
So if you can get back into your vault as above, you should be ble to use the drop down for the Vault Open on your Norton Toolbar to go to Settings > Export.
BTW, at the top of  each pge within the forum is a link for My Norton Account - you can use that as a shortut to your Norton Account, sign-in and then try to get to the Export option.

@ Gazr495,

Thanks for the feedback and interesting that it is limited to Chrome and not FF or IE - also that it only occurs on a non-admin account.

I am still running version 6 of Norton Security Suite (a clone of N 360), so I am not upgraded to the latest N 360 version yet - but there is an option within the Settings > Administrative Settings > Product Security > Non-Admins Access to Settings - which when turned on will permit non admin users to make setting changes.  I'm not sure this will impact yur situation or not permitting a non-admin user to log into ID Safe Vault.

Kudos0

I really appreciate everyone's help with this matter but I just tried it again this morning and now it's working again. There must have been an error with Norton's server yesterday because everything is working perfectly fine again!

Kudos0

Glad you got it working again.

Kudos0

my working again  sugg before you  sign up for idenity safe sign out of your norton account first   i did this and it worked

Kudos0

I have the same problem described on this thread.

I have Norton 360 installed. I can log on the website and my account is configured on Norton program.

I can log into my Safe Web configuration using the website. First it asks for my Norton account´s username and password and then it asks for my Security Vault´s password.

But any attempt to log using the web browser´s Safe Web plugin is rejected. It claims my credentials (username and password) are wrong. I´m pretty sure to write correctly my valid Norton account´s credentials.

I´ve noticed Safe Web plugin is quite slow too. I have to wait half a minute to see the login window after I click the Vault´s button on the web browser.

No matter what web browser I try with. Same problem occurs on IE9, Firefox 15.0.1 and Google Chrome.

I´ve tried to update the plugin, reinstall the web browser... nothing works.

Kudos0

there are other password login generators i have given up with norton idenity safe  i called up norton customer service to no help right way trying to sell you somethimg lol theres lastpass roboform and others im using lastpass currently which is eqast to use

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.