• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Firefox 41.0.2 and Norton Toolbar

Is there a solution yet to the problem with the missing Norton Toolbar using Firefox version 41.0.2?   If not, how will Norton be notifying customers when the fix is ready?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firefox 41.0.2 and Norton Toolbar

No, not yet.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/firefox-41-and-newer-version-compatibility-updated-info

The new patch will be available through Live Update of your product when it is released.  You can also subscribe to the Product Update Announcements blog here  -  https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements  -  by clicking the orange Options button on the top left and selecting Subscribe: this blog.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Let's go....I've been waiting patiently.  When is this going to be ready?????

Kudos2 Stats

The only tool I use of Norton Toolbar is the Identity Safe. That's the only reason the toolbar is allowed on to my computer.

Toolbars take up place on the screen to no good use as a general and I loathe them. However Identity Safe is, unfourtunatly needed since my memory isn't good enough. Since Firefox 41 came out there have been no Identity safe for me and this afternoon when I realized there was a new update that re-enabled the toolbar I was thrilled, untill I ralized there were no Identity Safe in it!

So Norton Toolbar is just another toolbar with absolutly NO usefullnes. Please, please tell me the real update is in pipeline and comming real soon (like in days). 50 % of the usefullnes of Norton security for me is gone and I want it back!

As it stands now I coud just as well use Bing bar or Google bar for all the use it is to me.

Kudos0

Obviously other users dislike Internet Explorer, but please have a look at the following and try it - let us know if it works for you as it does for me:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6744841#comment-6744841

Kudos1 Stats

Hello Rabsplace2

The Toolbar update which was pushed out today is phase 1 of the Toolbar. Phase 2 is the Identity Safe that hopefully will work correctly up to and correctly with FF 42 and the rest of the functionality of the Toolbar. For all of you dedicated Firefox users, why does Mozilla need to make a new browser like almost every 6 weeks with updates between those dates also? Users didn't like staying on version 40,xxx because it was buggy and not safe. If Mozilla knows in advance that it will have to make new browsers every 6 weeks approximately, doesn't that mean that the new browser is also buggy if it has to be replaced by the child of 42 in this case? What is the reason for a Firefox browser needing to be updated so often and to know in advance that new browsers will come out and when for versions yet to come already numbered and planned for.?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I updated to firefox 42 and applied the patch to norton, but although I have the Norton toolbar the identity safe doesn't work, it doesn't autofill, what now

Kudos1 Stats

azara50: I updated to firefox 42 and applied the patch to norton, but although I have the Norton toolbar the identity safe doesn't work, it doesn't autofill, what now

1) This patch will enable the Web-Protection functionalities of the Norton Toolbar such as:
Safe Web, Anti-Phishing, Safe Search

2) There will be a separate firefox patch to add the Identity Safe functionalities such as
Logins Cards, Share via etc.,

You'll be able to access / view the logins via IE or Chrome or IDSafe Settings in the product and do the copy to clipboard to use it in FF but it won't be doing the following: Auto-Fill Logins, Auto-Save Logins
Compatibility of Norton Toolbar and Norton Identity Safe with Mozilla Firefox Knowledge Base

Kudos0

First of all, Thank you for confirming that the phase 2 update is in pipeline. Tho I suspected as much, it's nice to know from others that it's on it's way.
Hopefully it's here sooner rather than later and all will be back to normal again.

Secondly. Sorry for the rant... I had a bad day and this tipped me over a bit.

I too really woud love to have FF get a good release out and stick to it for atleast six months at the time. As to why they do these rapid releases I'm just as clueless as the rest of you. Payed by the numbers instead by quality parhaps? IE works. Yes, but the really bad problems they had on XP years ago gave a bitter taste to the product. And knowing IE 11 works just fine doesnt help, since there is trust problems with the product. Its an emotional dessicion not based on facts and I know it, but that still doesn't help. I just dont trust IE.

/Rab.

Kudos0

thats what ive been saying since FF 6 and its up to 42.i dont think the beta testers work for mozilla

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.