• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

FIREFOX18 PASSWORD MANAGER POPUP WITH NIS 2012 ID SAFE

NOTE there is a bug with the new firefox 18 bulit in password manager  with the nis2012 setting to turn off the firefox password mager checked marked you cannot turn off the password manager in firefox18 as it is grayed out with a checkmark this is letting both the nis2012 is safe and the firefox password manager run at the same time.  With windows 7 home with nis2012 19.9.09

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: FIREFOX18 PASSWORD MANAGER POPUP WITH NIS 2012 ID SAFE

ALF60 wrote:

NOTE there is a bug with the new firefox 18 bulit in password manager  with the nis2012 setting to turn off the firefox password mager checked marked you cannot turn off the password manager in firefox18 as it is grayed out with a checkmark this is letting both the nis2012 is safe and the firefox password manager run at the same time.  With windows 7 home with nis2012 19.9.09

I found the same thing. You have to open Firefox from an administrator account to gain access to that setting.

Who can say if it is Mozilla or Norton that caused this change.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi with my Firefox18 running in the administrator setting I still have to turn off the browser password manager disable setting in NIS2012(19.9.0.9) id safe to keep the pop up from Firefox18 password manager from appearing its a work around it works for me.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi ALF60,

Same thing here.  I have also noticed the "Clear History when Firefox Closes" option under the Privacy tab doesn't stick anymore either.  Nice work Mozilla! 

Dave

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

FF 18.0.1 anyone?

Kudos1 Stats

I have just noticed that with Norton 360v6 under Settings > Administrative Settings > Firefox Cleanup, both options were disabled since installing FF18.  Can Firefox change Norton 360 settings? 

Edit: - After I change the settings in N360 and reopen FF the Norton settings are disabled again.    Bye for now FF18, hello Chrome.

Dave

Kudos1 Stats

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. Our team is looking into this issue to find the cause and a resolution. If you have any more details about your system (OS, architecture, etc) or the setup of Firefox that might affect this issue, please let us know. Thanks again for your help.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos1 Stats

I am seeing this in XP SP3.  Firefox Password Manager is disabled until you actually go to a site that is saved in Nortons' Idenity Safe.  At that point the Firefox PM becomes enabled and grayed-out.  Logging out of Identity Safe and restarting Firefox resets the Firefox PM to disabled and user-configurable again. 

Kudos1 Stats

Tony_Weiss wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. Our team is looking into this issue to find the cause and a resolution. If you have any more details about your system (OS, architecture, etc) or the setup of Firefox that might affect this issue, please let us know. Thanks again for your help.

Windows 7 SP1 x64 for me.

I can confirm that I am seeing the same behaviour with the password manager as SendOfJive wrote above, with the extra issues I have mentioned.

Dave

Accepted Solution
Kudos3 Stats

Hi All,

Can you try this suggestion,

1.In NIS 2012, go to NIS ->Settings->Web->Identity safe->Browsing options-> Turn off the browser's password manager -> Change tri state button to "No"->Click on Apply and OK

2. After restarting the FF browser, "Remember password for sites" option will not be greyed out 

3.Uncheck the option for "Remember password for sites"  and click on OK.

4. Go to any login page, now IDSafe alone will  offer/Infobar  to save logins.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

Okay, tried the above suggestion. Seems to work okay now (so far!)...

Kudos0

Worked for me also.

Jim

Kudos0

Worked for me also.

Kudos0

Hi All,

Thanks for trying this suggestion and updating the thread. Glad to know that, it worked fine. 

Thanks,

Senthil.

Kudos0

Maybe this thread has a message that can be the  'accept as solution' ? message

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Suggestion worked - thanks :-)

PS: One needs to be logged into ID Safe in order to access the Browser Options, otherwise it's not accessible.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Hi there,

Is Norton planning on fixing this problem or is this 'work around' going to be permanent?

Thanks

Ninko

Kudos0

I'm assuming it's not likely going to be fixed then?

Ninko

Kudos0

Hi Ninko,

It should be resolved now. We've just released a patch for the Toolbar that addresses this problem. Could you make sure you're running the latest version of the toolbar, check the Firefox settings and let us know if it's fixed? Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi Tony Weiss,

Thanks for the update.

Sadly as I'm running NIS 2012 the patch has not yet been released, any idea when this will happen?

Thanks

Ninko

Kudos0

Ninko wrote:

Hi Tony Weiss,

Thanks for the update.

Sadly as I'm running NIS 2012 the patch has not yet been released, any idea when this will happen?

Thanks

Ninko

Hi Ninko,

Don't know about 2012 version, but Comcast's Norton Security Suite updated this morning - but that is a V 20 product.

<edit>  Just got word that the 2012 patch has not been released yet. - sorry.

Kudos0

Would Norton like to give some idea when this patch will be released for Norton 2012 products?

Thanks

Ninko

Kudos0

Ninko wrote:

Would Norton like to give some idea when this patch will be released for Norton 2012 products?

Thanks

Ninko

I guess you were hoping for an offical Norton reply, but I know what uit's going to be.

I'm not saying this to be a smart "rear-end", but my interuptation of Norton's normal response is "when it is ready".

In all seriousness, Norton does not give out dates because they really do not know when something will come up (perhaps in the last phase of testing an update/upgrade) that sets the ETA back - with no idea how long to correct the situation - so they just saying it is coming without an ETA!

Kudos0

FireFox 19 will be released on Feb 19 and NIS 2012 will NOT support the toolbar on FF19 so don't look for an update.

Jim

Kudos0

PhoneMan wrote:

...NIS 2012 will NOT support the toolbar on FF19 so don't look for an update.

Where did you see this posted?

Kudos0

SendOfJive wrote:

PhoneMan wrote:

...NIS 2012 will NOT support the toolbar on FF19 so don't look for an update.

Where did you see this posted?

I think he is refering to an announcement about toolbar support that initially said 2012 support would end with FF 18. See Tony's thread here   http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-17-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/853416

We will have to wait and see about FF19.

Kudos0

could you explain what you mean by turn off tri state button? I can't find that. I did everything except that, and my button is still greyed out.

Kudos0

Hi GinaCranford welcome to the Norton community. Here is the info that you can use for NIS2012 should be similar in Norton 360

senthilkumarSymantec EmployeePosts: 960Kudos: 222Solutions: 81 Registered: ‎01-05-2010  Re: FIREFOX18 PASSWORD MANAGER POPUP WITH NIS 2012 ID SAFEOptions 

‎01-09-2013 12:22 AM

Hi All,

Can you try this suggestion,

1.In NIS 2012, go to NIS ->Settings->Web->Identity safe->Browsing options-> Turn off the browser's password manager -> Change tri state button to "No"->Click on Apply and OK

2. After restarting the FF browser, "Remember password for sites" option will not be greyed out 

3.Uncheck the option for "Remember password for sites"  and click on OK.

4. Go to any login page, now IDSafe alone will  offer/Infobar  to save logins.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

if you have NIS 2012 and this problem. running live update tell you are asked to reboot. should fix this problem now. make sure your nis is now saying  19.9.1.14 thanks for fixing this...

Kudos0

Norton 360 v 20.2.1.22, Firefox ver. 18.0.2, Win XP SP3. Norton keeps turning off the Firefox password saver. No matter what I set the Norton Browser control to, yes/No/Ask. I have the latest toolbar version

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.-Albert Einstein-

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.