• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Firmware 229 not in the Activity Feed

Hello

I just noticed that Firmware 229 is not showing up in my Activity Feed as being successfully updated. I do see Firmware 229 when I look in About in my Android phone. Does this mean that Firmware 229 was not successfully installed?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.16.2.22 Core Firmware 270 I E 11

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Firmware 229 not in the Activity Feed

Floplot you're saying you don't see that in this area on your app correct?

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.194 / NSBU 22.16.2.22 / Norton Core v.270 on Android
Kudos0

Hello Soul

It looks like my response disappeared . It isn't here. I guess I will do it over again.

Yes, that is correct.  It does NOT say that Norton Core firmware has been successfully updated to version 229. So I am not sure if it has updated the Core. It does mention 229 in About. Does it mean it was installed or just downloaded when it says it in About?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.16.2.22 Core Firmware 270 I E 11
Kudos0

Floplot, I would assume Core indeed update to version 229 if the "About" area has the entry. Shake your phone and send logs since this is an issue with more than one user here on the forums. Make sure you add a description of the issue in the comments area along with your core serial number, your forums username and a link to this thread so the logs are tied to you.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.194 / NSBU 22.16.2.22 / Norton Core v.270 on Android
Kudos0

Hello Soul

Logs sent.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Floplot I would send Gayathri a PM to let her know about the logs.

Cheers

Kudos0

Hello Soul

I sent her a PM right after I sent in the logs, so already done. She does have to open the PM.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

I assume no results from the logs sent in yet?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Trying to keep thread active so it doesn't get locked and so I can see new responses. Can't see new responses from older threads. I have to check threads for last responses.

Kudos0

Update: Having completed a removal of the Core app (Android), rebooting my device then cleaning up all the junk files found, I then rebooted again. Got the Android Core app version 1.29 from the play store again and installed. Same same, nothing changed. It doesn't appear to be the app that's the issue since all the Core settings returned just as they were before from the cloud (as they should). I'm betting on Core firmware yet again being the issue with the exception of the missing Security icon in the main home menu, reported in another thread I started.

Cheers

Kudos0

Hello Soul

So far, my son got his new Android and I could see that I got a notice that he joined my wireless connection and his phone is away as it should be. My sons don't use the Guest Accounts, but are listed in my network in away when they not here. Now the problem is although my son has NMS installed, it shows up as not installed and no way to tell it is installed. I think this was brought up in another thread. Not a word from Gayathri although I sent in my logs and 2 PM's.

I will have to wait and see what happens when my other son has his new phone setup. Then comes my new phone setup on the weekend. Perhaps it will work with a new Galaxy 8 and fresh install of the App. I know the 3 old phones will be hanging around for a while on the App.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.